Elon Musk leaving his misattributed neo-nazi tweet for posterity

Originally published at: Elon Musk leaving his misattributed neo-nazi tweet for posterity | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I want to know more about why we should rise up against children with leukemia. What brought that on? (Disclaimer: this hits close to home.)

17 Likes

Honestly, I would imagine it’s nothing more than him reliving his hilarious (sarcmark) edgelord past. Could have been any group of survivors he thought was funny. He’s a much easier person to understand if you picture him as an antisocial adolescent vying for internet points.

19 Likes

I wonder what kids with leukemia never did to Elon.

10 Likes

That was part of the image he was sharing-- someone, at some point on Reddit, responded to that quote with an example that disproves it. You are certainly not supposed to criticize children with leukemia, yet they are absolutely not ruling over everyone else.

20 Likes

6 Likes

You mean yesterday? I don’t think he ever left “edgelord”…

14 Likes

Can’t we leave him for posterity in, say carbonite?

11 Likes

Only if the seal is broken.

Let him rot.

11 Likes

This is a combination of Musk being a thirsty shitposter and the discourse style of twitter being a trainwreck. Musk was posting an image including the original neo-Nazi quote and the “children with leukemia” response, both of which had been posted by someone else maybe on some other platform (Reddit maybe?). Because he thought that the leukemia response to the neo-Nazi quote was funny. It kind of is?

This is all down to the fact that the internet has become three websites where you post screencaps of text from one of the three websites to the other two websites.

13 Likes

I eventually figured that out, but my first visceral reaction was, “can’t you try to be funny without bringing down a vulnerable group?” Of course, he is incapable of that because he’s such a dick.

16 Likes

Well musk can’t take criticism that’s for sure, so I guess nothing around him can ever be free.

What a disgusting little man.

10 Likes

It’s been said a couple different ways, but just to reinforce, it looks like that wasn’t Musk’s comment, it was someone showing how fucking ridiculous the quote is.
Like, if you’re a decent human being at all, there’s obviously a difference between “people you aren’t allowed to criticize,” and “who rules over you.”
Or at least there’s a Venn diagram.

9 Likes

Hey, Fozzie had better material; this is more Crusty The Clown territory.

11 Likes

It’s a perfect debunking of the notion.

A second thing that needs debunking is that the phrase “not allowed” is doing a whole lot of heavy lifting here. Not allowed by whom? Not allowed in terms of what consequences? Who has a gun to their head saying they can’t criticize the groups they allude to?

What they really mean, of course, is “people shame me for criticizing this group or person”. It’s the same old saw, like how they misinterpret free speech as meaning “speech free of social consequences”.

Ironically, the only group that pretty much everyone agrees you can criticize freely and without bounds is… Nazis.

18 Likes

Is that Krusty’s non-union Mexican equivalent?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Ironically, the only group that pretty much everyone agrees you can criticize freely and without bounds is… Nazis.
I was going to add republicans but realized that would be redundant.

10 Likes

I don’t know, it seems like places like Twitter are turning against that.

12 Likes

From now on every reference should identify him as “thirsty shitposter Elon Musk” :+1:

9 Likes

Thanks for the context…

but honestly the fact that people straight up cannot tell just how bad his take actually is because of his offline behavior as well is 100% on him.

7 Likes