Elon Musk loses $100 billion as Tesla's share price continues to sink

Even if reliability is (as always, in my case) at the top of one’s criteria list: Who wants to suffer through the anger and annoyance and betrayal felt when dealing with things that keep going sour with one’s car. :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

35 Likes

IANAA, but: They aren’t income losses, so just like he paid no tax on the simple gains without realization of his Tesla stock, there’s no real loss to report as far as the IRS is concerned. Also, the Biden Administration and Congress eliminated the forward carry loophole, so he can only use investment losses in the tax year they were realized.

20 Likes

It won’t, because he is going to be at the office sending emails to the remaining twitter employees demanding they come in and work, like he does.

He did a similar thing when SpaceX was having a Raptor engine supply issue. He freaked out, sent out an email to the entire Starship team telling them to come in and work crunch time on a holiday weekend (like 48 hours was going to massively change anything with a supply chain issue).

15 Likes
13 Likes

The world’s richest couch surfer?

14 Likes

First thought that came to mind when Elon talked about this.

9 Likes

Paedolon Musk; he isn’t Pennywise, he is Billiondollardumb.

12 Likes

He’s as “homeless” as that grifter James Altucher claimed to be.

16 Likes

Where do all his kids live?

12 Likes

I wonder what price the Chinese government is going to extract from Musk to keep Tesla a viable business inside China? Sooner or later every tech company that has set up operations over there has found itself either having to accommodate the CCP or withdrawing from the country entirely.

Oh well…

10 Likes

I’d make the deadbeat Elon pay rent and do chores.

16 Likes

It’s a shame we’ll never get to hear Steve Jobs’s thoughts about Elon Musk.

8 Likes

AFAIK Tesla is the only foreign car manufacturer with a wholly-owned factory in China instead of a joint venture with a Chinese manufacturer. Perhaps the government will force Tesla to sell a stake in its Chinese business to a Chinese company.

12 Likes

We will have to settle for Steve Wozniak instead, whose opinion of Musk was, shall we say, dismissive.

23 Likes

He’s mixing up the word “home” with “soul” again.

22 Likes

I assume it is still in untenable bubble type valuation, so there is more room to drop.

11 Likes

“Homeless” means something very different if your hourly salary is enough to rent an entire floor of rooms in a five-star hotel. That he’s imposing on other people for free instead is just because he’s a dick.

30 Likes

Thanks. I just found an interesting Atlantic article about Tesla and China which goes into Musk’s hypocrisy towards totalitarian governments and freedom when they have the whip hand:

10 Likes

Just going off of the P/E ratio, it would seem you’re correct. Their current P/E ratio is about 46.5, which is still way higher than most automakers. GM is 5.82, Ford is 8.64, and Volkswagen is 3.55.

16 Likes