Everyone hates Teslas except Tesla owners

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/11/everyone-hates-teslas-except-tesla-owners.html

6 Likes

It’s kind of interesting that Musk echoes so many right wing talking points, and yet that same right wing actively shits on his company’s product every day.

25 Likes

When did you guys first become obsessed with Elon? Did something in particular kick it off?

His enthusiastic embrace of fascism springs to mind…

45 Likes

Look out incoming … Imgur: The magic of the Internet

10 Likes

That is not loading when clicked on, BTW?

8 Likes

Welcome to BoingBoing!

Chomping Water Vole GIF

19 Likes

Here it is:

30 Likes

I would say that when Elon Musk bought Twitter, replacing a large portion of the online conversation with his own idiocy and bigotry, it also started becoming impossible as well as inadvisable to ignore him.

32 Likes

I don’t usually post memes, but I had the perfect one for this occasion. I think I fixed the post - it was showing up for me.

6 Likes

There’s a huge amount of posts about Elon - asking why isn’t exactly jumping in front of a gun to defend him.

1 Like

Don’t feed the trölls.

14 Likes

a few reasons. the first, as mentioned, 1) he’s a fascist and one of the world’s richest people. 2) he actively inserts himself into the public sphere. 3) he made a nazi bar out of one of the world’s most influential spaces. 4) he makes really ugly trucks.

30 Likes

I’ve driven a 3, been in a S,Y for a ride and they are great. Elon is the issue.

6 Likes

Sure, just asking questions; I’m familiar with the tactic.

Do note that I was not the person who insinuated that you are one of the many inexplicably loyal Muskrat stans; I was merely reposting the image which could not be viewed.

That said, it seems a little bit unlikely that someone would be so unfamiliar with all Musk’s concerning antics by this point; as the media covers his every move almost as much as they do with 45.

It almost seems like feigning ignorance.

27 Likes

i still get weirded out by that meme, if only because his biggest defenders really aren’t weird nerds or poc. they’re white and wealthy protectors of privilege.

14 Likes

I agree; it needs a better, more accurate update.

Perhaps one of Smithers jumping to defend Burns.

21 Likes

Thanks! And to @Melizmatic!

Why use his first name? Like his fanbois are wont to do?

7 Likes

You attempting to throw shade at the BoingBoing readers? Authors? Americans?

How about this: When did you start acting like a passive aggressive outsider? Just curious. Because that’s how you are coming off here.

Welcome to BoingBoing!

13 Likes

It’s less obsessed and more feeling contempt for on my part.

The date is unimportant as the reasons for that contempt are so numerous; and spread over time.

13 Likes