Elon Musk makes yet another strange gaffe

Originally published at: Elon Musk makes yet another strange gaffe | Boing Boing

8 Likes

(some of us have barely clawed ourselves from the lab and still embrace the meaning)

@chenille yes Zusammen and Entgegen are more general (more precisely defined) than cis- and trans-. for instance when the priority of which group is ‘bigger’ becomes difficult to assign. but yes, even crusty old organic chemists (which i’m not really) get the analogy between gender choice and the older stereochemical sense [wink]

23 Likes

It’s the same basic meaning – cis is on the same side and trans is on the other side. Just here they apply to your gender, relative to that first assigned. That’s important to a lot of people.

Also, don’t chemists tend to prefer (Z) and (E) now unless you’re talking about a ring? That’s the impression I had outside some common names.

17 Likes

Usually I’d say that we would still welcome them at the support group - but maybe not this time.

17 Likes

Obligs:

31 Likes

13 Likes

Musk isn’t trans, so the only remaining option is that he’s saying nobody assigned him a gender to begin with. He’s a “self-made man”, don’t you know.

24 Likes

He shouldn’t have cheated out on the materials.

18 Likes

Not really a “strange gaffe” if you realize that Elon Musk is actually just a fucking idiot.

I really love how the timing on the release of that movie really was spectacular. It came out just in time for Elno to have had a couple months to very publicly expose himself to be a complete moron (and a malevolent one at that), giving the movie a relevancy it hadn’t counted on. The movie may not have been about Elno when it was made, but it certainly is about him now.

31 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

17 Likes

Unfortunately we’ve seen what his self-made cars are like.

9 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker

10 Likes
  • Elon is an idiot, but the other companies are run by grown-ups making rational decisions that benefit everyone.
  • All of capitalism is like this. We live under an aristocracy of clowns and lunatics.

0 voters

10 Likes

No middle option? Where all of capitalism is run by short-sighted hoarders and egomaniacs, but most of them at least understand they should have washrooms with toilet paper?

18 Likes
15 Likes

The twist in Glass Onion didn’t really work for me because I was there before the movie started

2 Likes

7 Likes

unfuckable

29 Likes

Why not both?

3 Likes

…gently abstaining from calling him iso- ortho- or the lexically likeliest, bromo- {nothing particular.}

Surely he’s done with edit and payments and a barter and planting logistics and cheese ripening mod to twitter and identifies as a cocolauryl-bis-17,19 fullerorthobromo- rather than cis by now.

2 Likes