Musk boosts 4chan claim that women are incapable of critical thinking

Originally published at: Elon Musk Promotes Sexist 4chan Theory on Critical Thinking - Boing Boing

9 Likes

And here I was worried I wouldn’t get my daily
dose of rage bait with today being a holiday and all.

43 Likes

It sure is good that we have pseudonymous keyboard warriors to tell us about how epistemology is intimately tied to brute strength…

22 Likes

33 Likes

Stop Lying Season 2 GIF by Big Little Lies

16 Likes

So testosterone is some sort of truth serum? I wonder whether Elon agrees that that must mean trans men, who take high doses of male hormones after all, are especially critical thinkers?

31 Likes

And for pseudonymous authors to share this wisdom with the rest of us for negative engagement.

14 Likes

1.) Musk shows that he struggles with critical thinking, here
2.) Echoing it to social media for feedback is… an exercise in the consensus thinking he derides.

22 Likes

Well, nobody since the dawn of times lose money nurturing/duping stupid people.

9 Likes

Oh, great, another arsehole using autism as an excuse for being a misogynist and bigot. Of course Musk would amplify them.

27 Likes

Once again we are left wondering, “Is the wealthiest person in the world just trollling for reactions? …He must be, because he couldn’t possibly be that stupid, and yet.…”

Just another case where dealing with trollls on the internet is like a Reverse Turing Test.

15 Likes

At first I was thinking, “Of course - Musk identifies as autistic, so he sees himself as one of the two groups capable of critical thinking,” but then I realized, what with all his challenges to physically fight people (e.g. Zuckerberg), that Musk also sees himself as an “alpha male.”

:person_facepalming:

21 Likes

If it’s down to ability to defend oneself, then all women should be allowed to carry flamethrowers. End of problem.

12 Likes

And as a “high status male”. Probably the highest, since he is the richest.

9 Likes

28 Likes

So, just spitballing here: what about autistic women?

27 Likes

My father took testosterone shots for a good part of his life in a misguided effort to avoid the effects of aging, and it did… well, quite the opposite is an understatement. He didn’t become a right wing monster, thankfully, but he became paranoid, delusional and utterly incapable of critical thought, convinced that the neighbors were spying on him, doctors and dentists were all con artists (which led to him avoiding procedures that would have made his current quality of life much better but now his body isn’t strong enough to get done), the squirrels would starve to death if he didn’t put out food for them, and on and on and on. He spent over a decade like this. I have no hard proof it was the testosterone, but miraculously, as soon as we convinced him to stop getting T shots after dozens of shouted arguments and begging and pleading, he turned back into the kind, reasonable man we’d all loved and respected in our younger days.

He was always on the left politically, but had he been on the right I can easily see these same symptoms turning him into an Alex Jones or Elon Musk type. He also seemed to believe the testosterone was absolutely essential to preserving his vigor and manhood, right up until he stopped using it, as though it were an addiction. I sometimes wonder how much of the MAGA movement is being fueled by excessive testosterone, whether natural or injected. Not all of it, obviously- MTG and Boebert are as bonkers as any of their male counterparts, and evil can’t be waved away as a hormone imbalance. But it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a factor, especially in just how irrational and conspiracy-laden many of their beliefs are.

25 Likes

Presumably they’re like trans men – not the stereotype and so invisible to bigots like this.

16 Likes

Wow Elon and Vance have me convinced that being raised by pedo fathers/grandfathers and witnessing a lot of incestuous grooming and sexual abuse in your family makes men dysfunctional and dangerous.

Wonder if that will ever become a mainstream pov???

18 Likes

Alpha Males don’t do Labor Day.

So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

10 Likes