Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter for $41.39bn in cash

13 Likes

The latest outrage on our local Facebook pages is a meme that’s going around.

Stop worrying about what a rich guy does with his money and worry about what Biden is doing with your money.

Funny, they were never worried about what the last guy and the republicans were doing with their money, that’s only ever a problem when a democrat spends their money.

Like they were never concerned about what Soros does with his money.

And, all the conservatives in the group think Musk is the second coming for putting the libs in their place.

To which I respond… Huh? To which they respond… If you can’t see it we’re not going to explain it.

3 Likes

And then there’s this so maybe Musk is through for now.

3 Likes

/s

7 Likes

Does it just come down to profit? If it’s >15% gain, accept, otherwise no? Can the board say “Sure, it’s good profit, but the guy’s an idiot, so…” as justification for refusal?

1 Like

Twitter is not a B-Corp, so no, they can’t.

What they CAN do is play hardball and force Elon to make a much better offer. Twitter’s stock was much higher than his offer historically, just not recently.

3 Likes

But what if 5 or 50 or 500 shareholders don’t want to sell at any price?

Doesn’t that prevent Musk from taking it private?

Can shareholders be forced to sell?

Like I said, I have no idea how it all works.

I’m not sure how or why, but yes. See also: Dell. (We found out the hard way)

2 Likes

Typically if the board approves it, it goes to a shareholder vote. Shareholders get votes at 1 vote per share * the share’s class. (Some shares are worth more than 1 vote. Some shares are worth zero votes.)

The plurality of votes wins.

2 Likes

Is anyone buying this?

He sometimes lives below the poverty line?

4 Likes

I totally believe that he leeches off of others for whatever he can. I have known trust funders and midsize millionaires that do that - they basically leverage the fact they are rich to never have to actually spend money on anything

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.