Elon Musk on Tesla earnings call: 'I would prefer we were private, but that ship has sailed'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/24/elon-musk-on-tesla-earnings-ca.html

2 Likes

While I don’t disagree with his sentiment (having the weight of the panicky herd of drunken pigs we call “the market” dragging on every decision sounds like torture), he only has himself to blame. No one forced him to get an IPO organized. This is just more half-baked Musk branding.

10 Likes

but that ship has sailed

Ah, I love that one, it really brings back some memories.

3 Likes

Would it be irony if vulture capitalists had acquired tesla, raided it to sell off its IP, burdened it with debt, left it to go bankrupt, and then blamed Amazon?

6 Likes

Dude you have a cake!

3 Likes

I’m not sure that telling the investors that the CEO doesn’t value their interests is fulfilling one’s fiduciary responsibility.

6 Likes

I would also prefer that you were more private, as would I expect your FTC mandated babysitter…

2 Likes

He’s having a cake right now.

4 Likes

Given that your stock price is back down to where it was back in mid-2014, I’m guessing you’re not alone, Elon.

2 Likes

“I would prefer we were pirates, but that ship has sailed.”

2 Likes

“Yarrrrr!”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.