Elon Musk removes New York Times' Twitter verification checkmark

Originally published at: Elon Musk removes New York Times' Twitter verification checkmark | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Once again, this should be a sign to media outlets that they don’t “have to be” on Twitter. In fact, the thin-skinned man-child who runs the platform doesn’t want anyone who might criticise him there. He’s fine with sycophants, scammers, and Nazis, though.

19 Likes

Media should all use Shotter to criticise him relentlessly until their accounts and banned. One by one. Kill the thing.

12 Likes

It is Xitter or Shitter? What a man baby! Wish he would just take his toy and go home.

5 Likes

I’m this case - he’s not completely wrong.

2 Likes

Child activity playsets at the $44B level.

6 Likes

I wish they would all walk away from that undead corpse of a social media platform.

Unfortunately journalists still seem to be of the mindset that they need to be on Twitter in order to be first to break a story - even if it is completely unsubstantiated or entirely wrong; looking at you Laura Kuenssberg (BBC) and Robert Peston (ITV).

6 Likes

I don’t watch it but has the Tory mouthpiece not left the BBC?

2 Likes

Oh, the freeness of speech! I can smell it from here.

Ew.

3 Likes

Anyone still using that site is begging to be abused by Musk. I have particularly little sympathy for news outlets- if they’re so oblivious they don’t see what’s happened to a site they directly interface with, why should we assume the rest of their reporting is relevant, reliable or even competent?

10 Likes

If he’s not careful, people are going to start thinking Musk doesn’t know what he’s doing.
Happy Elon Musk GIF by Bombay Softwares

4 Likes

GET OFF XCHAN.

At this point, anything is not trolley, scammer, or fascist staying on will just lent the credibility to this steaming pile shit of a platform. Let it die, the sooner the better. News outlets don’t need Shitter. That place is a full clown car heading for the sun. Just let it fullfil its destiny.

4 Likes

As recently proven by other national news outlets. The costs of remaining on the platform far outweigh the benefits.

4 Likes

No, she’s no longer chief political correspondent, but they gave her her own Sunday morning show, so she’s easier to ignore.

2 Likes

“Meet the new boss / Worse than the old boss”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.