Elon Musk vows to give up his phone number in favor of Twitter

… still looks like Twitter to me

5 Likes

Who do you believe, The Techno Messiah or your own lyin’ eyes?

5 Likes

So the few people who directly contact Elno on the regular now have to have Twitter accounts to do so? Man, he’s pretty desperate to get people to sign up for accounts - and all for a couple dozen sign-ups at most.

It’s just extra funny that Twitter isn’t fit for use, not as a social media site anymore and certainly not as a phone replacement. Elno probably doesn’t realize it, because he doesn’t seriously use it. (And I don’t believe he’ll start.)

Or, perhaps more embarrassingly, no confidential information will get hacked and leaked because Elno still won’t be using it the way he claims he will.

Hell, he still calls it Twitter, when talking about it in public.

2 Likes

Given his alleged history of calling up employees at home and screaming at them for stupid reasons, I assume this is basically nonsense.

I also would love to see his reaction if an employee that he wanted to be available (unpaid) on call, decided to do the same.

2 Likes

The answer obviously depends on your jurisdiction but in general, yes, eventually.

Most jurisdictions have some method of getting a judge to say, “ok, you’ve tried every normal method of service, now you can do $weird_nonstandard_method_of_service$ and we’ll call it good.”

2 Likes