Tesla faces order to stop making cars at California factory, under coronavirus lockdown

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/18/elon-musks-tesla-to-limit-wo.html

5 Likes

Tesla stock has lost something like $500/share. Where the stock price was sitting last month put Musk into some mega-bonus territory … I wonder how that has influenced his desire to kill his employees.

4 Likes

Seems like such a no-brainer. I can’t imagine many people are going to be going car-shopping during the lockdown anyway.

4 Likes

Is it so hard to get a warrant for his arrest?

4 Likes

Will he hire himself for 10 cents an hour?

6 Likes

Wow, 60% down from the peak a month ago!

1 Like

Stocks in the US are messed up. Brokerages have started selling “fractional shares” because the cost of a share of desirable stock being $1000+/share is not even blinked at these days.

So even the stock market has fractured.

Tesla Feb 9, 2020 : 923.50/share

Tesla Mar 18, 2020: 361.22

1 Like

Tesla closed the majority of their physical dealerships and “boutique” stores a while ago. They’ve been focusing on online sales with home delivery and a flexible return policy. So I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Elon had convinced himself that this was the perfect time for housebound people with a lot of spare time on their hands to shop for and purchase a Tesla.

3 Likes

That. I don’t even …

Turning my life long wishes to see solar power blossom into … is there an opposite to “I got my chocolate into your peanut butter” ?

1 Like

Sounds like this ponzi scheme might finally come crashing.

3 Likes

Dear Elon: the state is coming for your freedoms, time to go Galt and show us all! Quick, to the Galtmobile!

6 Likes

I’m endlessly amazed by hate for Tesla on BB. I can’t think of any company who has done more to curb CO2 emissions than Tesla, they’ve made cars that win just about every car of the year award, they’re showing the way for other automakers to make truly smart cars, and they’ve showed the world that EV’s can be vastly superior to ICE. But I get it, he’s a weenie who once called someone a pedo in jest, so hang the fucker.

4 Likes

Hey let’s not forget the time he got high with Joe Rogan on camera, brah, and yet totally drug tests his employees.

5 Likes

If there’s drug testing it’s prob because their insurance requires it. Lots of insurance companies require all operators of heavy machinery to be drug tested. Retarded I know. But that still in absolutely no way overshadows Tesla’s absolutely momentous achievements, especially from the perspective of an environmentally conscious tech blog.

3 Likes

Can we arrest and jail this idiot for defying the law? So tired of this techbro and his bullshit.

He’s essentially the offspring of Donald Trump and Mark Zuckerberg.

1 Like

This is enough for me.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-03-13/when-elon-musk-tried-to-destroy-tesla-whistleblower-martin-tripp

6 Likes

This is enough for me:

There’s countless other examples. Can you think of a company that has done more to curb CO2 emissions than Tesla, especially longterm as the trend they started matures? At a minimum, it’s difficult.

1 Like

Not so much “Tesla whistleblower” as “Tesla shorter”

1 Like

People aren’t clowning him because of his pedo comments, they’re doing it because he’s ignoring a health order during a pandemic. Tesla have done some great things (nobody’s denying this), but that doesn’t mean their CEO shouldn’t be held to account for second-guessing things during a crisis that are outside his areas of expertise.

14 Likes

Wait, they still have to assemble the magic cars like on a production line, using manual labour?
How disappointing.

2 Likes