Emin, Russian pop star linked to Don Jr. Trump Tower meeting, releases weird video

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/26/weird-new-music-video-from-rus.html

4 Likes

ladyGet-off-my-lawn-clint

13 Likes

Huh, well I guess that’s one way to parlay some dubious notoriety into video views to promote one’s mediocre musical efforts.

12 Likes

makes you long for cutting edge stuff like:

9 Likes

Right there at the 8 second mark! Did you hear what I heard?

EDIT: Sneer all you like, hipsters. I quite liked that, especially the guitar part. Boo-hoo, it’s not Pere Ubu.

5 Likes

Does this happening music star know there’s already an Eminem?

3 Likes

I clicked for the Eminem before I realised it was a Russian knock-off.

3 Likes

Don’t you have to actually sell records to be a pop star?

Forbes says he’s sold 700 albums in his entire career.

“According to Nielsen’s stateside music numbers, the singer has clocked just 631,000 on-demand audio streams, 20,000 song downloads and 700 album sales in his entire career. ”

6 Likes

Is Moose and Squirrel

5 Likes

I’m not sure who is the worse failson… Don Jr. or this guy. Walking reminders of the perils of heredity.

4 Likes

So the Russians are now taunting Trump publicly in music video form that “they really got [him] good.”

LOL

I think we may have hit peak postmodernism.

10 Likes

Yeah, he had me at modem ack sound… really got me good

so… pp tape is realski

2 Likes

Yeah…

5 Likes

Maybe all the shitty hipster pop bands should try something similar.

1 Like

That last “em” makes a world of difference. :wink:

4 Likes

It’s not about the music. The video is a seed for the upcoming wave of conspiracy theories after the pee pee tape is released.

2 Likes

Was that suppose to be Kim at the end ?

Naah… not sure this is as stupid as you guys think.
To me this reads; “You still haven’t repealed the Magnitsky act? The clock is ticking regarding that pee pee tape my friend.”
That the threat is made in a music video is most likely primarily motivated by the chance to boost the kid’s career. They surely could have come up with less laborious ways to get the message across. But still, it seems clear that Trump’s friendship with the Algarovs must be firmly over for some reason, and you kind of have to wonder what happens next.

2 Likes

I prefer this Russian, Trump themed, music video:

3 Likes

I can’t wait for the duet.