Employee cracks up as teens attempt to disrupt a supermarket

Originally published at: Employee cracks up as teens attempt to disrupt a supermarket | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I’m here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I’m all out of bubblegum.

Luckily, there is a whole section of the store selling gum, so I am going to purchase some more, but right after that, there will be ass kicking…

22 Likes

According to the news story, these two delicate young flowers were shoplifting. You can see that the first elegant female has something stuffed under her hoodie when she confronts the store employee with the fierce attack of “you chicken nugget”. The second one, with the extra allowance of forehead, can also be seen with something in her hoodie when she attempts to grab her friend.

I do enjoy the first employee literally laughing in the skinny confronters face, even with the slight push.

17 Likes

If girl #2 doesn’t have FAS I’ll eat a wombat.

7 Likes

Whatever happened to “retail therapy”?

5 Likes

If this were in the US, I’d be expecting a violent confrontation with armed store security any second there.

5 Likes

Nah. In the US nearly all retailers minimize liability by telling staff to never confront thieves.

16 Likes
1 Like

well… not “figleaf of neutrality” but rather a bunch of lawyers who can recommend the reporters/writer’s dismissal if their edicts against liability aren’t always adhered to. (this from a descendant of old timey newspaper folks). even the loftiest of media hosts will ritually add “alleged” even if the blood dripping dagger is still in the hand of the video’ed.

2 Likes

What is FAS?

3 Likes

likely it’s a reference to Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Which has a rather indistinctive set of facial indicators (i swear half of ‘hollywood’ might be suspected of it “Well, kinda fits the life-style maybe?” hmm)

6 Likes

Ran off to get their VB somewhere else it looks like

2 Likes

They seem nice.

1 Like

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, as @theophrastus said.

3 Likes

6a2f8f848ae289d4e7ac5d419938fb9b

3 Likes
4 Likes

Ahhh - i just haven’t heard the acronym for it in a long time.

1 Like

Sounds more like “you fucken stupid maggot” to me, which isn’t a particularly common insult (and maggots are more associated with drunkenness in Australian slang), but definitely more common that “chicken nugget”.

3 Likes

Maggot and dog are pretty common in Aus prison slang and considered a lot harsher than the c-bomb.

I guess that a judgment statement around the facial features ‘caused’ by the mothers alcoholism is at least a step up from phrenology… science and all that. /s

5 Likes

It sounded like Chicken Nugget to my ear. If you google “fuckin Chicken Nugget” you’ll see the term has some currency too. Although, if someone said that to me I’d just smile because that kind of invective has no meaning to me. I’m just not up with the current pejoratives. Kid does seem to have some kind of behavior disorder tho. I’m curious to know which suburb?