Engineering students create edible adhesive tape to keep your burrito wrapped tightly

Prior art

8 Likes

And what’s wrong with just using a Fruit Roll-up?

10 Likes

So does:

10 Likes

This seems cool! I agree with other posters that the proposed application does seem a little gimmicky, or a solution to a non-problem, but you never know where this kind of thing might go in the future. Maybe in a few years it will have uses in reducing non-biodegradable packaging. :woman_shrugging:t2:
Food science is cool!

15 Likes

After reading the article, I couldn’t stand it any more & made some burritos. Got 'em in the freezer.
They are chimichangas-to-be & I won’t have to worry about 'em coming unwrapped.

3 Likes

Having read about the gentleman who peed in the milkshake mix I’m a bit concerned about the need to moisten the tape before wrapping one’s burrito.

6 Likes

Voting Election 2020 GIF by INTO ACTION

4 Likes

Or park it on a griddle/skillet seam side down.

2 Likes

But is its magnetic permittivity low enough for transport? The Alameda-Weehawken Burrito Tunnel (Idle Words)

2 Likes

And most Americans have peanut butter on hand.

1 Like

Now I know what I’ll be having for lunch today.

The gastronomic chain reaction continues.

1 Like

This is not a problem that needs fixing.

2 Likes

Looks like fish skin, the less fatty part would do that pretty well, but I want 'em to develop full burrito shibari a ways and go from there. Get those UNused common food components put to use, edamame husks and all.

5 Likes

How quickly we forget! YEARS AGO, and even today, there is Japanese candy that you can buy in any Asian market, with an edible wrapper on it!

Either make the burrito the correct way, gringo, or use something that has been around for decades, from Japan! (typical L.A. cuisine).

3 Likes

Yeah, this kind of solution has been around for ages, but more to the point, this wouldn’t be an issue if people were wrapping their burritos correctly to begin with.

Welcome to BoingBoing!

I thought that’s what the BurritoPop and the BurritoTote were designed to solve?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.