Engineering students create edible adhesive tape to keep your burrito wrapped tightly

Originally published at: Engineering students create edible adhesive tape to keep your burrito wrapped tightly | Boing Boing

8 Likes

genius

13 Likes

If you need tape to keep your burrito together you’re making it wrong

45 Likes

“Keep your burrito wrapped” sounds like a euphemism.

35 Likes

Yeah, “put a helmet on your soldier”, Soldier.

16 Likes

if you consistently overstuff them like i do then you need the tape. don’t judge me, i like fat burritos.

19 Likes

For real! There was an amazing burrito bar I frequented back in the day that would wrap burritos soo perfectly tight that you could completely remove the foil and then play hacky sack with them before eating them. Oooh Machismo Burrito Bar, I still have dreams of you my sweet prince.

burrito GIF

16 Likes

Just moistening the lip of the burrito or steaming the tortilla lets it stick to itself just fine.

14 Likes

Non (easily) edible, but one might presume that for proper burrito closure one could look over the shoulder of its step-sibling the tamale for a clue…

(“can’t patent a corn husk you stupid @#$ you”)

15 Likes

I think Monsanto has news for you …

35 Likes

Seems like a solution in search of a problem.

On the other hand, the only decent burritos here in semi-rural France come out of my kitchen.

2 Likes

Use larger wraps, otherwise you can layer two tortillas to make a bigger one. Seriously, edible adhesive tape is over complicating something that can be resolved in a much simpler way

5 Likes

Um, no thanks.

8 Likes

Are we gatekeeping burritos now?

1 Like

Prior art (by centuries), the wrapping nori (seaweed) of a sushi roll.

13 Likes

And we’re done here.

if you want edible goo tape on burritos i aint stopping you, but i am going to call it a solution for a non problem

3 Likes

At first I thought they made it out of nori, which actually made it more appealing to me. But no, they dyed that one so you could see it. Otherwise it’s pretty much a light strip of starchy material that’s probably pretty much indistinct from the tortilla in every way.

8 Likes

If I didn’t know this was an image of a burrito, I could totally be convinced that a Muppet sneezed.

16 Likes

When (if) this product gets patented, I’ll apply for a process patent for the current wrapping technique. Shit. I’ll apply for a patent on how to properly hold the damn things.

1 Like