The Burrito Pop seems silly at first, but it's actually a good idea

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/23/the-burrito-pop-seems-silly-at-first-but-its-actually-a-good-idea.html

1 Like

I can’t unthink of it as an alien burrito facehugger emerging from a Fleshlight.

20 Likes

Nope. Fuck this. If you think that burritos are messy, hard to eat on the go, and get cold too fast, then maybe you’re just doing burritos wrong. Everything about this product makes me angry.

25 Likes

I could see something like this marketed to people who have physical disabilities that make handling a burrito difficult. Other than that…

eating

19 Likes

This seems like the kind of shite they sell at @boingboingshop.

9 Likes

A burrito’s foil and paper wrapper is a joke. It tears easily and the burrito’s filling spills out.

According to whom? I usually don’t have an issue with wrapped burritos beyond certain ones being more juicy than others. I also prefer to be sitting at a table while eating my burritos, on the odd chance that i do make a mess its not a big deal since i have a plate anyway. The best foods are messy anyway.

If i was out and about and a friend pulls out a burrito coozy i am 100% roasting them for it.

6 Likes

This is for people that eat candy bars with a knife and fork.

9 Likes

A solution searching for a problem.

2 Likes

TV announcer screaming HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU!?
my response no, no it hasn’t. I know how to treat my sweet, delectable, food cart, nom-a-licious burritos.

3 Likes

some (ok, most) days i weep for humanity.

5 Likes

What is this madness?

The tortilla IS the wrapper. This is like wrapping an onion.

7 Likes

In no way is cleaning this easier than washing your hands.

4 Likes

Impossible to unthink/unsee. They need to just go with it and rename it a Burritolight or something.

Their own image invites the comparison even:

6 Likes

NO WONDER!

The advantage of a burrito is that I don’t have to do any dishes. I so don’t want to have to haul around some dirty post coital burrito rubber sleeve.

4 Likes

yes. yes this IS silly!
besides, if it is messy, eat it over another tortilla. whatever falls out, roll up and - bam - another burrito!
also, maybe don’t eat sloppy shit “on the go”. don’t want to arrive to work wearing your chorizo and egg? don’t f’cking eat it in the car!

6 Likes

Eating messy food while driving is also a cause of collisions, when people try to stop messy food from spilling or try to clean it up.

3 Likes

I’m calling it. The burrito Pop is really a russian troll account created to sow discord and divisiveness in the american population. I’m now 6/9 on the quiz.

6 Likes

Definitely a case to be made for the George Costanza character baking in the kitchen, having sex, and free-diving 130 M before eating a burrito too. Trifecta just got super hard, Costanza!

Diving case doesn’t always follow case? Well…that may be so.