Enjoy the weird comedy of “I Am Going To Throw My Christmas Tree Into The Ocean”

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/09/enjoy-the-weird-comedy-of-i.html

2 Likes

And they never noticed they were being filmed…

7 Likes

Have to watch later, but an old Christmas tree makes a decent home for fish in a lake or pond.

3 Likes

The David Lynch version was longer, but I understood this one.

4 Likes

I laughed but was bothered when they headed off in the wrong direction after agreeing to go to the ocean.

I used to live near the water (harbor, bay, river mouth, whatever it was actually) and would get pissed at everyone who’d just dump their trees on the other side of the low sea wall at the beach. I’m sure in their mind the ocean took care of it (even though the water rarely reached the wall) when really it was some underpaid town worker in a dump truck cleaning up after them.

8 Likes

That’s good to know. I also regularly mulch trails at a local park that surrounds a small lake. The mulch is donated and most of it is made from old Christmas trees. They’re the gift that keeps on giving.

2 Likes

3 Chrismases ago, we bought a live tree, in a pot. We used it for one year, and then moved it outside until the next Christmas when we used it again. After the second Christmas, we just planted it in our garden. It was quite nice having a live tree in our house.

We would have done it again, but we moved to Costa Rica and we used a stuffed cactus as a tree instead.

New photo by Andrew Eisenberg
12 Likes

Christmas trees are great ways to mark fishing holes in the ice.

9 Likes

we get together with friends and all take ours out to the beach and set them on fire. It’s pretty impressive how quickly and brightly they light up. Nothing like a good pine-scented beach bonfire.

4 Likes

I figured that was intentional.

3 Likes

I wonder if the lady waving them down at the beach was going to tell them not to leave their trees there.

2 Likes

This is how the Christmas Gyre started, just a big swirl of trees tinsel and ornaments.

it has been driving Christmas down from the north pole earlier and earlier every year, thanks to people like these we might start seeing Christmas displays before thanksgiving.

3 Likes

Friend of mine once collected eight discarded Christmas trees, and some months later built a menorah with them which he set on fire down at the beach. They burned very quickly : - )

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.