Enjoy this loop of two jolly men in lederhosen playing instruments and whistling

Originally published at: Enjoy this loop of two jolly men in lederhosen playing instruments and whistling | Boing Boing

6 Likes

16 Likes

What in the world is that plastic log with a tiny keyboard on it?

3 Likes

bad dancing GIF by NBA

6 Likes

I loved it! Their goofy grins and wiggling movements are great and those bird calls are a riot. They’re just happy to be goofy and that’s contagious. I couldn’t quit grinning. I’d love to see that live and know what its all about. Then there’s the outfits, I could keep a straight face if I saw anyone in lederhosen but if it was these two, I’d be rolling on the ground.

1 Like

I dunno, but I bet you could call the guy a “key logger”. /s

12 Likes

It’s sourced from an 80s German kids’ song warning about deforestation or some such.

8 Likes

The reprised their song as adults here: WOODYS 2016 - YouTube

4 Likes

Ah, the Woodys…
They are a bit of a meme here in Germany. The song is about a forest gnome warning mankind that the destruction of the enviroment will eventually lead to mankinds extinction (because of course it is).

“Fanart” I made years ago.
YouTube Poop: YouTube Kacke | Grandiose Performance der Woodies! - YouTube

8 Likes

Great, now I’m wandering the halls at work whistling oddly.

1 Like

I also would like to know what the keyboard is. I’m pretty sure the log was an add-on, but still…

It was especially made for the performance. It is to resemble a water ride at EuropaPark. From

It was probably a hacked up one of these (or something similar). I couldn’t find anything else with a small keyboard from the '80’s

5 Likes

But where did he stick the tube?

Uh Oh Reaction GIF by Tricia  Grace

4 Likes

Why do you think he’s gyrating so vigorously?

5 Likes

Along that line of thinking…

Kate Mckinnon Flirt GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 Likes

Looks like Gene and Dean Ween. Ha.

2 Likes

After the video was trending some years ago, they got back together and did a new video.
On youtube as “WOODYS 2016”, check it out, you’ll see the song hasn’t aged at all :wink:

It’s all about saving the planet, keeping the environment clean etc. The message is coming from a forest wight (“wichtel”)

enjoy

1 Like

6 Likes

Huh.
Now that you mention it…

He wanted to say he was creating a log jam.

3 Likes