Enjoy this sick burn on Ann Coulter

Dr. Bronner was on to something my friend! :wink:

But also remember it’s the central truth of every belief system, essentially. That is variously obfuscated, depending on the tradition. I also strongly feel it’s what science has already proven.

2 Likes

YEP.

I love you man!

2 Likes

Kindly, I didn’t suggest that her argument couldn’t be refuted or was beyond counter-argument but I beg you to admit that it does have substance. On the other hand, calling her an asshole is not very convincing and the “fist pumping” that followed feels a lot like identity politics (which is generally an accusation lobbed across the aisle in the other direction). I mentioned Ben Franklin because one of his points is that a good debater will always start by finding common ground with his opponent. The motives and tactics of the NRA are pretty questionable but it doesn’t mean that every member or sympathizer is a rapid lunatic. People are complex and chances are a lot of them are on the fence about their beliefs. If liberals would stop calling them assholes (by extension) and too stupid to understand the data, then maybe they would be interested in what liberals have to say.
If you would all stop trying to burn me and embarrass me on this forum, then maybe I would want to join your community. Thanks.

1 Like

Sick burn on who? Sorry, I don’t know who Milo Yiannopoulos is.

7 Likes

This isn’t a debatable issue. Her position has no substance. I, for one, am not going to dance around a pile of shit and question whether or not its really a pile of shit.

22 Likes

Groovy

6 Likes

Again with that worthless “civility” argument. Coulter plays dirty, and should expect same. Punch Nazis very hard and very often (even figuratively).

Deregulation is in concept liberal. I think the word you’re looking for is “leftist”. If you’re going to to argue intelligence and background research, you need to come correct.

31 Likes

Thank you for posting this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think Coulter must try to fit her head through a keyhole in lieu of thinking.

2 Likes

I prefer Tom Paine.

https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Crisis_No._V

24 Likes

It has the same mass as 10 cubic meters of the vacuum of space.

One does not debate white supremacists, even when they are not directly spouting white supremacy.

But Coulter is.

No, you’ve got it all wrong. Coulter is the asshole. People who listen to Coulter are merely dupes.

You’re managing just fine on your own.

37 Likes

required–

25 Likes

On the other hand; she is a very convincing asshole.

19 Likes

No. Not at all. Sure, it’s probably a complete waste of time to crab about her in this echo chamber, but to even imply that people countering Ann Coulter’s obvious stupidity is the same as, say murdering peaceful protestors in Charlottesville or starting two needless decades-long wars or imprisoning children because their parents are brown and crossed some imaginary line in the literal sand or assaulting the free press on a daily basis is even remotely equivalent is…

wait, what was the phrase I used to respond to @NCC-1701? Oh yeah. Profoundly stupid.

Also, can we please get a mod to revoke that handle? Seriously, where exactly is the intersection between Roddenberry’s masterpiece and right wing gun-nut ideology?

33 Likes

Dilute! Dilute!

9 Likes

I am a doctor, I have taken care of kids who have had vital functions taken away, body parts disabled and lives ended by fire arms. Yes, you could say i am a bit of an expert in the effect of firearms on human bodies, especially very young human bodies. Spend a few years in a PICU and you will be too. Until you have had telll a parent that you cannot stop their child from dying, that they need to go say whatever they need to say, i would respectfully ask that you stop. These events still haunt my dreams some nights. It’s an expertise I would gladly surrender. And no, neither you nor the NRA get to tell me what my “lane” is.

49 Likes

Only members of NAMGLA deserve an opinion.

* North American Man Gun Love Association.

18 Likes

Schrodinger’s gun: The perfectly evolved tool for self-defense when wielded by a “good guy”, but just an ordinary household object interchangeable with a hammer or baseball bat when wielded by a “bad guy”.

18 Likes

There is no respect to be found here, the winning condition for a trolley is to derail.
The person who wrote this does not actually believe what they wrote, they would be pitiful if not for the harm they cause.

15 Likes

Which brings into question why so many of them are being tolerated lately, despite demonstrating flagrant bad faith.

13 Likes