Enraged Florida dad arrested at a high school after grabbing a masked student

My favorite theory on this comes from the Behind the Bastards podcast, where they said something along the lines of “Qanon purports to fight pedophiles not because there are actual pedophiles among the elite, which there certainly are, but because you can do anything to a pedophile. It’s why the proud boys have shirts that say ‘Shoot a local pedophile today’, because by framing your opponent as a pedophile you’ve essentially removed any moral limits.”

1 Like

They really don’t like it when I tell them I have something similar and mention that I have no limits to the brutality I’d enact on a fascist.

3 Likes

“It is my belief that…” starts a great many very invalid or foolish or just plain stupid opinions.

I tend to blame in on a diminishing amount of critical thinking skills being taught or even require of people.

“No, that’s just silly” needs to be used a lot more.

Opinions are not facts but they have been hoisted into equivalency. Willful ignorance is now a celebrated virtue in far too many areas of public life.

1 Like

Wait, what? I that that only happened at drunken frat parties…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.