Entitled partygoer learns a hard lesson in parking etiquette

Shit. That sucks.
Fuck people parking inconsiderately and blocking people in. Imagine your kid got sick and you needed to rush them out to the hospital and your car is blocked in?
I realize it’s unwise, and I’m not exactly proud of my penchant for vengeance, but I would totally make someone rue the day they pulled something like this on me. Then I’d set up cameras so I could capture any response and hold them accountable.

8 Likes

In England & Wales the laws recently got really simple - no towing someone else’s vehicle from private property.

2 Likes

Is it legal to hide rotten fish in their car? :thinking:

5 Likes

I used to live near a football stadium (football = AFL in this case) and every game day we would have someone ty and park across our driveway. Most of them would move when we told them too, but occasionally we’d get one entitled idiot who would refuse.

Said entitled idiot would always laugh when we informed them that we’d get the car towed, and get angry when they’d come back to find that their car had indeed been towed. They somehow tried to make out it was our fault for them not following the very clear road rules.

17 Likes

Hmm, I’d put up with a lot before I’d turn someone’s car over to a tow yard that probably charges $250 plus 60 a day. They are way worse than payday lenders. If you don’t have the $400 they want to give your car back, soon you won’t have a job and by then their fee will be $600.

I’m going to assume you can’t put a banana in their tailpipe.

2 Likes

clerks-cartoon-anime-bananas

5 Likes

That just isn’t true. That person is making excuses. Tow trucks have winches, wheel dollies, and a good 10-15’ reach with just the lift fork alone. They can 100% get that car out of there. If a car can get in, a tow truck can get it out every time.

Same here! We had single assigned spaces in an apartment complex I lived in, and there was no street or guest parking. I came home from work to find someone in my spot. I had no choice but to call the tow truck because I had nowhere to put my car for the night. Turns out it was a neighbour who had parked in the wrong spot. He was mad about it, but also the spots are marked and he had his own, so why did he do that? Something was fishy about his story. I had no way of knowing it was his car, in any case, so tow truck was called.

6 Likes

I mean, consent was already violated. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

The right to own (or rent or borrow) a car naturally carries with it the right to park for free within 300 feet of any destination. Pretty sure that’s in the Constitution.

1 Like

That was easier when cars had hubcaps.

2 Likes

Port Adelaide fans can be like that.

DBAA:

7 Likes

Nice corollary to Wheaton’s Law…

wil-wheaton-dont-be-a-dick

5 Likes

Not sure which came first, but yeah; BOTH apply!

2 Likes

You Got It Yep GIF by Your Happy Workplace

2 Likes

If Wheaton first said it in 2009 or so, they are about even; as that’s the same year Kristen Ritter played ‘Jane Margolis’ in BrBa.

3 Likes

I don’t really know when he started using it, but it’s great and so is this!

1 Like

Right on…

1 Like

If you ever do park in somebody’s parking space without their permission (not that any of us here would do that, but hypothetically), an apology, an extremely polite request to let you out and a peace offering are the bare minimum that you should have at the ready when knocking on the door.

(If you’re coming from a party, perhaps ask the party host - who is a neighbor to this person whose driveway you parked in - if you can bring over some food and drink.)

2 Likes