Episcopal Bishop Mariann Edgar Budde denounces Trump’s abuse of St. John's Church as a prop

To be fair, he couldn’t, because he had the police use teargas to drive away all the priests that were there so he could stage his photo op, and he was there without the permission or knowledge of anyone from the church. The awkwardness was hiding a deep malignancy.

As a bishop from the church put it: “This is blasphemy in real time.”

19 Likes

Yeah, but I have the sinking feeling that if Will McAvoy were real, he’d be just another Greta Van Susteren.

It’s “a” Bible, not “his” Bible. When asked his favorite Bible quote he couldn’t even pull out John 3:16, but said he didn’t want to answer. I don’t believe in a literal anti-Christ, but now it is clear to me that one could exist. This man isn’t a Christian, and yet he dresses himself in their trappings and so many are willing to eat it up. It’s fucking sick.

8 Likes

I thought his favourite Bible quote was Two Corinthians.

Fuck, that seems like an eternity ago.

9 Likes

So, these two Corinthians go into a bar.
Barman says, “Is this a joke?”
Paul says “Hey, you voted for him.”

13 Likes

It’s probably John 11:35
“Then Jesus Wept”

6 Likes

16 Likes

The video I saw said he was keeping it private. Did he finally find an answer? Although two Corinthians sounds like a punch line to a joke or a detail on a architectural plan, not a Bible verse.

-scrolls down-

Yah - brilliant minds think alike.

1 Like

Take a look at the bulletin board behind Herr President: All Are Welcome. The hypocrisy, it burns.

5 Likes

Did you notice that it was all white men in that video?

That’s actually hard to pull off with any general grouping of military personnel. They put a lot of effort into making sure it was a proud showing of toxic sexism and racism.

9 Likes

I bet it’s Genesis 19:33-34. (Except for the parts about the younger daughter.)

6 Likes

He’d probably also like the bits about kings with hundreds of wives and concubines.

4 Likes

Does anyone else think he’s holding it upside down? Last I held a bible, some 45+ yrs ago, the bookmark tassels came out the top, not the bottom.

I’m hoping the Pope says something.

3 Likes

That’s just going to depend on the Bible in question. The one I got at my confirmation has the tassels coming out the bottom, for example.

I would not be surprised if Trump was holding the Bible in question upside down, but I don’t think we can tell from the pic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.