Episcopal Bishop Mariann Edgar Budde denounces Trump’s abuse of St. John's Church as a prop

As I’ve said before, he’s trying to incite a holy war to complement his race war. What he doesn’t understand about American evangelicals is that they don’t actually believe in shit. Their beliefs are fungible and not based on lived experience or revelation, but familiarity and non-spiritual ideology. Good luck getting their asses off the couch.

2 Likes

Given Trump’s record for lying it may well be a luxury copy of *Gulliver’s Travels * .

2 Likes

“We long ago lost sight of normal, but this was a singularly immoral act,” said Brendan Buck, a longtime former Hill aide who is now a Republican operative. “The president used force against American citizens, not to protect property, but to soothe his own insecurities. We will all move on to the next outrage, but this was a true abuse of power and should not be forgotten.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/inside-the-push-to-tear-gas-protesters-ahead-of-a-trump-photo-op/ar-BB14TO34

7 Likes

I wonder why these “christians and faith healers” aren’t in the hospitals healing covid-19 patients. I also know most of these guys are multimillionaires. I wonder how much money they have donated to our health care system and the current virus patients.

7 Likes

Trump is obviously a trash baby but the men that followed orders to gas citizens and the priests for a photo op are just as culpable. We’ve heard that excuse before of “I was just following orders” before from Nazis, we know how that played out.

12 Likes

Christ that fucking tweet.

Here lets close half of dc so trump can powerwalk a few steps, with camera cuta being to hide the fact he had to get a fucking golf cart between photo op segments, to hold a bible upside down.

Then he scuttled off to the bunker.

Fucking cockroach

2 Likes

I always kind of imagined him as more a devotee of Supply Side Jesus.
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/bCqR
franken_ssj_06

8 Likes

I’m not religious so better quotes may be available

16 Likes

Oh, and if anyone has anything better to say:

8 Likes

covfefe

17 Likes
9 Likes

Holy shit, the Republicans are going to freak out over this. It was a national crises when government said churches couldn’t hold services in a pandemic. Having government forces enter church property and remove clergy by force?!? All those armed white militia types will be coming for you, Trump. /s

11 Likes
8 Likes

Typical. May 22nd, 2020:

Trump added: “The governors need to do the right thing and allow these very important essential places of faith to open right now. For this weekend. If they don’t do it, I will override the governors. In America we need more prayer, not less.”

6 Likes

With Stupid

20 Likes

23 Likes

bigots

19 Likes

TrumpHole

21 Likes

Even more so since it’s a complaint made by a woman. There’s no way he gives the fuckiest of fucks about anything a woman may say against him.

He did his photo op – I’m shocked they didn’t hang a “Mission Accomplished” banner on the church – and his base loves it and him for doing it. Look at him, owning all those libs.

I’m wondering if the walk was to tempt fate as much as anything. All this, and nobody takes a shot at him. God must be on his side.

It played out that way because the Nazis didn’t win.

6 Likes

I’d prefer Matthew 21:13

9 Likes