Eric Garner's killer will not be charged

Barr strikes again. How about double impeachments?

This is terrifying (news/not news) for all of us. Cops murder with impunity while the victims’ children cry with rage outside the courthouse.

I hope the murdering officer, Daniel Pantaleo, never forgets what he’s done. I hope it haunts his dreams. Not for one moment will he ever again be anything but a murderer. And I hope he personally will be outed, haunted & ostracized everywhere he goes.

6 Likes

Daniel Pantaleo is a killer. Daniel Pantaleo is a killer.

He may escape jail, but he can’t clean his name.

Daniel Pantaleo is a killer.

And it shouldn’t be buried below the “read more.”

6 Likes

They have it on film. How can this be? I don’t understand. Is there no rule of actual law here now?

1 Like

Like I said, it’s working as intended.

8 Likes

I just can’t not read this story without thinking of Do The Right Thing. I’m sure the cops that killed Radio Raheem by choking him to death got away scot-free as well.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Snopes! The phrasing might be wrong. He certainly is in jail for filming a murder!

3 Likes

I didn’t know anything about Snopes, but after a quick look at the Wikipedia article on them, I felt safe to post it. If you actually read their text, it is clear that everything was done to find skeletons in Orta’s closet or to frame him. But the formulation Xeni used (“The person who captured video […] may face over 50 years in prison for filming a murder”) is IMHO an over-simplification of the matter. I also found the Verge article and considered linking it, but - without any further knowledge - that felt a bit like too much glorification of Orta to me.

That’s me, alright. Keeps rabble like me in line, I suppose. Dudley Fucking Doright.

There is nothing new about American police murdering Black people with impunity.

3 Likes

Still unacceptable, no?

You can get 50 years for filming a murder if you’re a witness and you don’t inform the authorities, like if you’re making a snuff film or something. In this case the authorities are the ones committing the murder, and while the cops often try to bust people for filming them… Xeni is making things up.

1 Like

NYT. NYPD.

It isn’t just the GOP.

6 Likes

What type of evidence are they looking for? The picture above tells it all.

Making stuff up is usually Cory’s job.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.