Estonian politician's unpleasant haircut goes viral

The UK’s (also right-wing) member of parliament, Michael Fabricant keeps the British end up:

5 Likes

Lime Cat somewhat resembles your profile pic.

1 Like

Huh, I can use the same image for both threads

5 Likes

To me the weird haircuts and other odd personal identifiers among the powerful are kind of pathetic. These guys cultivate a look they feel makes them stand above the crowd: “Look at me, everybody! I’m special!” Then their sycophants convince them they appear prime ministerial, or presidential, or whatever.

“These eight-inch purple mustachios make me look rather regal, don’t you think?”

“Oh, yes, sir! Very regal, sir!”

I’m no psychologist, but to me they seem to be dreadfully insecure children begging for Mommy to notice them.

7 Likes

This guy looks a villain out of Fargo

billy bob thornton fargo GIF

6 Likes

Blond Ringo just dropped.

2 Likes

:rofl:

6 Likes

Except for the weird cut-out sideburns and quasi-mullet, this is not too different from the haircuts my mom gave me in the basement back in the 70’s.

But jeez, even my mom could get the bangs even in front.

It looks like he did it himself in a hurry using tin snips.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link to the “Right to Play” article. I did not realize that Nazis in the 1930’s were also using the “this might be a satire” strategy. This quote from Jean-Paul Sartre in 1944 (from the article) feels like it could have been written today:

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play.

They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."

6 Likes

Great thing about a bad haircut is that it eventually grows back and you can try again.

Also, are we OK passing judgement on appearances?

1 Like

IMG_1946

3 Likes

He doesn’t want to try again. He has chosen this haircut, or at least embraced it, to make himself notorious.

4 Likes

3 Likes

no but he is a

2 Likes

Or out of No Country for Bad Haircuts

4 Likes

haircut

You misspelled toupee.

1 Like

I think it’s mandatory for any Coen Brothers IP.

Because anyone who willingly walks around with those haircuts clearly doesn’t give a fuck.

More terrifying.

5 Likes

Right?

Congenital pessimists, for sure. :wink:

3 Likes

That was a completely normal hairstyle in the mid-1970’s!

6 Likes

True. It really was an ugly decade.

5 Likes