Estonian right-wing nationalist politician wows admirers with Captain Kangaroo haircut

Originally published at: Estonian right-wing nationalist politician wows admirers with Captain Kangaroo haircut | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Unfair comparison. The Captain’s haircut looked like an intentional aesthetic choice administered by a trained barber. Epler’s haircut looks like it was administered by a four-year-old who tried to give their doll a makeover with a pair of safety scissors.

35 Likes

Behold, the master race!

21 Likes

Proto Sia?

That’s not what they mean by “straight”, Rain.

Fuck me, I thought Michael Fabricant, Member of Parliament for Lichfield, was the worst coiffured man in politics.

14 Likes

Trump and Boris Johnson have stupid haircuts also. Isn’t this part of the playbook? “I’m no threat! Look at my silly mop.” It makes people think they are harmless clowns until they have power.

19 Likes

It nearly worked for Sideshow Bob, too.

Season 5 GIF by The Simpsons

12 Likes

The very mention of Captain Kangaroo creates a bit of warmth in my heart. I was exactly the target demographic and I loved every bit of it. :blue_heart:

My favorite part was Magic Drawing Board (even though I knew how it was done). All these years later, I am a graphic designer. Coincidence?

21 Likes

Holy shit. I can, and have, given myself better hair cuts.

This looks like something I’d see at a county fair or something…

4 Likes

And the Captain’s tie looks to have been done up right.

8 Likes

The Captain was a lovely gentleman- on screen and off.

15 Likes

Wait… that’s his real haircut? That’s not a member of some weird, post-hipster, post-ironic electronic bands?

Jon Stewart What GIF

So when did “bad haircut” become such a key part of the fascist stylebook?

16 Likes

He probably made the mistake of sharing his opinions with his stylist.

8 Likes

It’s also a trademark thing. Their bird-brained followers are always drawn to flashy plumage.

11 Likes

When asked “what super power woukd you most like to have?”, i usually respond with, “Mister Moose’s ability to rain down hundreds of ping-pong balls at will.”

7 Likes

Relax Sweating GIF by PLAYMOBIL

7 Likes

And that mustache… he clearly puts a lot of effort into looking that weird.

Oh no, it’s way too precise and fussy for that. What it looks like is a haircut designed by an AI, though. There’s no understanding of haircut conventions and there’s all these weird and overly specific details taken out of context from a variety of different hairstyles, that together become something even stranger.

8 Likes

11 Likes

To be fair, Spencer just had the bog-standard throw-back fashy haircut, which isn’t bad as far as haircuts go - except for it’s associations… this guy literally looks like he blindfolded himself, and cut chunks out of his hair… I say this with an asymmetrical style of bob…

9 Likes