Estonian right-wing nationalist politician wows admirers with Captain Kangaroo haircut

I watched him as a child and met him years later in '74. It was a summer day and he was wearing boat shoes with no socks. His causal, relaxed vibe left a sweet impression.

9 Likes

I wonder if this is supposed to be some ‘traditional ancient Estonian’ thing.

5 Likes

“…It was because even though he himself was the best barber in the world, the only other barber in town was the worst.”

5 Likes

Khruangbin fan perhaps?

2 Likes

The picture in the OP was just after a cut. Once it grows in it looks like a more normal terrible haircut

11 Likes

Or a toothbrush mustache.

3 Likes

The sculpted window frame around the ear is everything that’s gorgeous about the absurd. :face_holding_back_tears:

Suck on that, wabi sabi! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Huh. He looks like an absolute piece of dog shit. In fact, he’d look like a piece of dog shit no matter what his hair looked like. Because, you know, he’s a piece of dog shit.

2 Likes

Fascist have shit hair.

3 Likes

Antifa have the good hairdressers

10 Likes

The toothbrush moustache was a common style before Schicklgruber spoiled it for everyone.

7 Likes

It was popularised by an early racecar driver in Europe, IIRC. The future Fuhrer borrowed it like everyone else.

4 Likes

after seeing this video many times, i have come to realize that a true punch was not really administered. it is more of a forearm shiver. and although that can be jarring and was embarrassing for spence, he really deserved the complete right cross to the face. maybe next time.

2 Likes

An elbow strike can be devastating and saves the attacker’s hand from possible injury. A fist punch has range and speed but using the elbow can produce more shock because it’s more directly linked to the main mass of the body.
It was a nice shot to the jaw but would have done more damage if he’d been hit in the neck - whiplash and almost certainly knocked out.

7 Likes

Yeah, I think it is. Looks like a version of the peasant bowl cut, which might have strong populist and patriotic vibes for Estonians.

4 Likes

this is why i come to the comments. thanks for the important clarification.

4 Likes

Another stable genius, cleary

2 Likes

The Fascist Mullet, “Business up front; single party in the rear”.

4 Likes

I presume that this band didn’t graduate; as they are definitely too cool for skool. :sunglasses::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I always thought it was an elbow too. I agree elbowing a neck hurts your elbow less than hitting skull, but an elbow to the jaw, or a lateral strike to the head of sufficient force also injures the neck, by over rotation or over lateral flexion. Adages from classes: “Where the head goes, the body will follow” and “take the head”.

3 Likes