Europe just suffered through the hottest June in recorded history

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/03/europe-just-suffered-through-t.html

3 Likes

giphy

13 Likes

This past month was the hottest June in recorded European history

oh, it wasnt just the hottest june ever in europe, @SeamusBellamy , it was in fact the hottest june ever worldwide!

as for germany and berlin in particular; we had 4 to 6 °C above average for june. as it goes for that to be under 1.5 °C till 2100? thats completly blown, we already got that here in germany.

14 Likes

last year I did a mean record of high temperature days
and felt the force :frowning:

Imgur

Perhaps Guadalajara will do.

3 Likes

It probably won’t do.

5 Likes

They really need to issue a multilingual version of this for the EU:

11 Likes

Enjoy pre-apocalyptic world while you still have the opportunity, folks.

6 Likes

I imagine they have more clever versions, e.g.,

RTX6B1UD1-e1531476107577

Edit: And maybe Greta’s already seen that toon:

20190703_102047

7 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes

“Glacier? I hardly knew 'er.”

7 Likes

Off-topic: the balloon just got clearance for an appearance at the tin-pot dictator’s celebration of himself.

Back to the topic…

8 Likes

Perhaps you meant this one?

No, I meant that even Guadalajara won’t do, because a big Black Friday is coming.

2 Likes

Yet more proof that England is not part of Europe. Cold wet and miserable June here in England, most of us thought Summer had been cancelled due to a lack of interest.

I spent an incredibly uncomfortable hot summer sweltering in Germany a few years back, saved only by the new friends who showed me how to break in to the community swimming pool at night. In general, I found, most homes & businesses didn’t have air conditioning or even fans. By day the public pool was so packed you could barely move. By night, having it all to ourselves to swim nude in the dark was delightful.

1 Like

thats a classic and kinda tradition here.

there was never need for it. at least till 2003.

1 Like
2 Likes

Speak for yourself. It’s been up in the low-to-mid twenties over the past few weeks down here, which is already more than warm enough for my liking.