Europe's "The Final Countdown" as a spaghetti western theme

I don’t miss those days. At all.

I’m just saying imagine how much embarrasing shit we’d have online if we had social media and youtube back in the day… Really, I was making a joke about it with @Mister44.

1 Like

I could have sued Jackass for infringement on all my cary-moves™

4 Likes

There is a lack of whip crack in this song, but otherwise excellent!

3 Likes

Understood.

90% of everything is crap*, but I’d put up with more crap to get more good stuff. Just my personal preference. :slight_smile:

*with the exceptions of 70s music and 80s movies. There the percentage is upped to 95%. And I’d still put up with it.

The original “Final Countdown” is the musical epitome of something that doesn’t live up to its initial promise: an awesome, heart-stirring opening followed within seconds by a big letdown. This arrangement cleverly makes up for it, most of all by leaving out the corny vocals and the overwrought whinging of Europe’s singer.

2 Likes

The first four notes of ‘The Final Countdown’ are taken straight from Ennio Morricone’s “Paying off scores”:

8 Likes

Huh! And so the circle is complete. (ps–thanks!)

4 Likes
4 Likes

These are pretty spectacular! Here’s a RiYL: Max Raabe and Palast Orchester.

3 Likes
2 Likes

It’s good and all, but it’s no Kazookeylele.

2 Likes

The horror, the horror

2 Likes

The performer’s name reminded me of this long lost gem of a movie:
Six-String Samurai - Trailer and Full Movie.

That’s an official release from the publisher, but I think the aspect-ratio is off, some of the scenes look funny.

3 Likes

Yes, the greatest post-apocalyptic rockabilly samurai movie ever made!

2 Likes

Could be worse. Exhibit A:

3 Likes

Oh dear god that makes The Final Countdown sound like grammy material.

5 Likes

you didn’t like Gob’s act?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.