🍊🍊🍊🤡🤡 Even More Trumpian Events 🤡🤡🍊🍊🍊 (Part 1)

Trumpian politics continue as senators advance controversial Republican FCC commissioner nominee

Analysis Although the Trump administration is in its final days, the destructive partisan politics it has persistently fanned are still in full effect at the FCC.

On Wednesday, the Senate Commerce Committee passed the presidential nomination of Nathan Simington as a commissioner of America’s communications regulator 14-12 along party lines. That was despite serious questions over Simington’s involvement in a widely pilloried effort to get the FCC to create new rules governing the shield used by online platforms to avoid legal repercussions from what their users share, give or take a few caveats.

Simington was an author of the brief sent from the Department of Commerce (DoC) to the FCC, requesting that it look at Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act (DCA). Policymakers are appalled that a semi-autonomous regulator is being pushed to do Congress’s job and effectively create new law at the urging of the White House.

[…]

5 Likes

FTFY.

12 Likes

Paywalled but you get the idea. trump would be selling off intel for cash just as sure as he is orange.

And every one of his recent appointees are a national security risk because they wouldn’t hesitate to funnel intel to him either. Firewalls will never be more important.

26 Likes
13 Likes

Did…did they put huge silver Rolls Royce labels on the engines to make it look like having Rolls Royce engines is a luxury rather than the standard for many passenger jets?

14 Likes

Really needs the RR lady mounted in front.

Maybe some spinners on the wheels.

15 Likes

N757AF - DJT OPERATIONS I LLC (DOVER DE)

This aircraft (N757AF) is not available for public tracking per request from the owner/operator.

Trivial level security. It’s not like they’ll turn off the ADS-B position transmissions.

10 Likes

I’m sure there will be zero repercussions from not performing maintenance on a complicated piece of machinery for four years… didn’t want to spend the money, hahaha. The list of things you endlessly shovel money into goes car, boat, airplane, helicopter.

14 Likes

“Boat: A hole in the water surrounded by wood, into which one shovels money.”
This has to apply in spades to aircraft!

16 Likes

Just give him a briefing book full of blank pages and maybe a few pictures.

So really- no change.

14 Likes

Yep. If he just takes off - he may be an ex ex-President shortly. We all know he didn’t pay to keep things maintained.

Pay your aircraft mechanic. Not paying people will come back to haunt him.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-04-16/coronavirus-travel-what-happens-to-planes-grounded-by-covid-19

12 Likes

Just give him the full single-spaced unedited version instead of the 1-page comic book version he gets now, because he’ll never read it.

3 Likes

If he gets to take it home, he won’t read it, but it will be copied and sent to those who will. If he has to read it there, and has had his phone taken away, I picture him trying (and failing) to use a spy camera his handlers have given him. He will be caught, but the further embarrassment to the US will be worth it to Putin.

6 Likes

15 Likes

And dangling fuzzy dice (GOLD fuzzy dice)

And a plastic blue strip over the top of the windshield with letters picked out in white reading THE DON on one side and MELANIE* on the other, tho of course her letters are peel-off and easily changed.

Oh, oh, go-faster stripe…

*Yes, I know

5 Likes

Hmm, really depends on the boat, no?

I’ve known a lot of fisherfolk who spend money on nothing but the original purchase of the boat itself and an annual license.

f12_foot_Starcraft_aluminum_row_boat__150_5a8c801fafa8e

12 Likes

My first thought was “truck nuts” but the image search “truck nuts for airplanes” was 1) rather disturbing, and 2) none of the images would render properly here.
So you’re welcome. :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks for taking one for the team! It takes, well, you know what…

8ebbd954b3578b5c083506b07c1c7058

7 Likes
9 Likes

I mean… did they literally just plug in well-known roads in Cobb co? :roll_eyes: I think they are just made to lose Cobb and Gwinnett… but fuck them…we got those counties now.

11 Likes