Even the fireworks were corrupt at Trump's July 4th 'Salute to America'

Yeah, I’d like to know that, too. Where were all the Angry McShootyface boys?

Yeah, I think there’s more at play there than free fireworks. Trump and Xi Jinping met in late June and agreed to restart talks. Putting off this latest round of sanctions appears to be part of that agreement. Trump feels that the Chinese also agreed to resume purchasing American agricultural products, which is critical to preserving his political base. However, it seems the Chinese don’t agree on the nature of that agreement.

1 Like

Would your family welcome a serious investigation of these disturbances by someone who can make firsthand observations?

I believe its more fireworks bigger than a sparklers and firecrackers are illegal to those without the proper licenses.

2 Likes

Typically, agencies reject gifts that might create a conflict of interest.

I think we are well beyond “typically”.

2 Likes

Now here is a punk band name!

1 Like

Holy hell. Can she change the oil while she’s down there?

1 Like

u3

1 Like

Conservatives like to hype up any remote implication of corruption, they still hyperventilate over the Clinton Foundation or Solyndra or Uranium One, even though in each case once all the facts were out there was scant evidence of corruption. But Trump? The guy just oozes corruption, self-dealing and graft-- do they care? Nope.

You can’t really debate morality, the law, or fairness with people who are primarily concerned with Machiavellian realpolitik and staying in power at all costs.

6 Likes

Added weirdness about Ohio’s ridiculous fireworks law, you can buy them from the distributors, you just have to promise that you are taking them out of state.

Sparklers are legal in Ohio, but firecrackers aren’t. Oddly enough you can buy everything from Ohio manufacturers at their retail locations in the state.

Another twist to this story is that after Trump thanked them for their corrupt donation someone called in a bomb threat against their headquarters. Bomb threat called into Phantom Fireworks headquarters in Youngstown

2 Likes

It varies from state to state.

Note the lengthy disclaimer at the end of this ad

depending on your definition of ‘better’ of course.

“In a Tuesday letter to Trump, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser said the president’s Independence Day display and protests by others have left the city’s security fund bankrupt and that it will be running at a deficit of more than $6 million by the end of September.”

“And, she said Washington still hasn’t been reimbursed for Trump’s 2017 inauguration.”

Good thing the WH is getting a much taller fence installed this week amirite?

@xeni Gee, bankrupted. Imagine that.

2 Likes

Candidate Trump promised ‘the best people’ for his Cabinet

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.