Plans for Trump's July 4 'Military Tanks on The Mall' parade remain secret

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/01/plans-for-trumps-july-4-mi.html

Washington, DC will be the site of a grandiose self-homage that may cost “well into the millions”

7 Likes

That’s even with a grifter’s discount:

29 Likes

is also interested in featuring an F-35 stealth fighter and involvement from Marine Helicopter Squadron One,

fortunately a stealth fighter flyover is particularly easy to fake…Oh, did you miss it? ha HA! that’s the point!

33 Likes

tumblr_porr0zZETm1tcarlro1_500

48 Likes

It would be funny if it ended up being like what my small town military presence was on the fourth. Usually an old transport truck from the local National Guard Armory.

18 Likes

I’m convinced dt did invite the North Koreans to do the parade in D.C. yesterday, at least that’s what they can do very well and cheap too.

7 Likes

I am all for this if it’s a military coup, designed to return the US to a functioning republic, and lining up an awful lot of corrupt fascists against their newly built Wall.

Make America Great Again should be the catchphrase of anyone running against Trump in 2020.

I am also donating to any person who stands in front of the line of tanks.

17 Likes

And the city of DC will have to put up for it, and never see a dime in recompense for it…

30 Likes

oh don’t be silly…they get the privilege of living near dear leader! /s

5 Likes

Seriously, were I running DC I’d assign the police etc. elsewhere – let DJT have the security he paid for (which so far is nothing, since he’s stiffing DC for the inauguration and several cities for rallies.)

15 Likes

This is hardly the first thing they’ve wasted millions on. And I don’t expect it will be the last. I can hardly wait to see what happens next.

9 Likes

Apparently, this happened with the inauguration - the city of DC paid for part of it and the campaign was meant to pay them back and never did.

22 Likes

no guys, this is the coup attempt we’ve been waiting for… july 4th is truly independence day!

how much worse would a military junta be than the current idiot junta?

2 Likes

which should surprise no one ofc.

4 Likes

Right, stealth tanks, stealth missiles, stealth troops too! It’s the emperor’s new Stealth Force!
And no one will release costs, because the military is donating all that stealth technology.

Oh, yeah. I love this.

Paying people to protest? Are you George Soros??

7 Likes

"Vets To Give Out Thousands Of USS John McCain Shirts At Trump’s July 4 Event" -HuffPost

“Today, we learned the news that Donald Trump is turning the national 4th of July celebration into a 2020 campaign event, complete with a ticketed VIP section for friends and supporters,” reads a Sunday email from VoteVets. “That’s not what America is about.”

“VoteVets has already raised enough money to make more than 5,000 T-shirts, which veterans will hand out to people on the National Mall and, before that, deliver to the offices of members of Congress.”

Yeah, trump will love that!

37 Likes

Good to see he is hard at work on important things in between Executive Time sessions.

2 Likes

I wonder if the OB will wear a Hermann Göring style tinpot dictator uniforn full of shiny medals he awarded to himself.

8 Likes

Wild idea: Don’t go to any public event pertaining to Trump?

9 Likes

I am not George Soros, but look like him if I don’t get a nap

5 Likes