Trump's military parade will cost $10M-$30M

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/14/trumps-military-parade-will.html

3 Likes

Trump’s self-aggrandizing military parade, with flown-in tanks rolling down the streets of

“Cleanup on aisles 2-6 please”

ed: Oop! Looks like it’s cleaned up.

9 Likes

So, is the parade self-aggrandizing?:rofl:

3 Likes

The fiscally conservative party, folks.

34 Likes

Aaaand what is the original source of all this pullquotage? 'Cause I can’t send anyone a link to this BB trainwreck.

ETA: fixed!

1 Like

Ugh - are we still doing this?

8 Likes

Perhaps he can get some WW2 German reenactment groups to do it for free. /s

14 Likes

A variance in range 200% greater than the base number? Mick Mulvaney the guy who dropped the suit against a predatory payday lender who contributed to his campaign is not only a corrupt and seedy piece of shit, as the White House budget director he’s also an incompetent tool.

16 Likes

here’s the original source (I think)

3 Likes

Fixed this: (Mulvaney) said "it’s “between 10 and 30 depending on the length” of the dick.

“Mulvaney added that these funds were not included in the $4.4 trillion budget proposed to congress as it was a “last minute” request.” -Axios

trump%20tiny%20hands%20yelling

11 Likes

I expect that number doesn’t include the subsequent anticipated costs of fixing all the streets destroyed by tanks and other heavy equipment driving over them?

That really can’t be repeated enough.

Presumably that represents a range of parade options that involve more or fewer tanks, etc. (Guess which option Trump will pick?)

Authoritarian self-aggrandizing? Of course Trump is set on doing this.

10 Likes

Trump

19 Likes

I’m sure that some CSA reenactment groups are already asking if they can join in.

7 Likes

He can pay in cash, up front.

9 Likes

First of all, this parade of military might idea is an abomination, and I hope and pray it dies a quiet death in Trump’s head. If it actually goes ahead, this had better be paid for by Trump’s missing leftover inauguration funds, and not a penny by taxpayers.

Finally, if it does go ahead, I want every one of our disabled veterans from the Middle East Forever War to be placed proudly, right in the front. Let the American people see just a tiny bit of the misery that their apathy toward this war has caused.

19 Likes

That number is complete and utter bullshit. It would cost more than that to fly Trump’s cabinet to DC.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Whoa, hold up! This estimate is way low. They forgot the gold plating that’ll be added to the tanks, and not just the outside, either.

4 Likes

Ten-twenty mil? Meh! Isn’t that what a few weekend Mar-A-Lago boondoggles cost us?

8 Likes

You, sir, win the internet for that.

5 Likes