Ever seen a marble play music via bouncing through a xylophone-and-banana Rube Goldberg machine?

Originally published at: Ever seen a marble play music via bouncing through a xylophone-and-banana Rube Goldberg machine? - Boing Boing

2 Likes

Ever seen a marble play music via bouncing through a xylophone-and-banana Rube Goldberg machine?

Well I have now

3 Likes

Just look at it!

4 Likes

This is one of the best-

5 Likes

Try this one. It was boinged several years ago. And it is real.

The computer generated one had a bit too much uncanny valley for me.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Its a great one-off song.

A lot of folks here are still annoyed at Wintergaten for his Marble Machine X project debacle.

3 Likes

Now you’re talking! Thanks for that - amazing work

Oh no, I missed that - worth summarizing or not worth bringing up old beef?

This is certainly delightful, but you do know they’re computer generated…? (“No actual marbles were harmed in the making of this…”)

Found a good discussion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarbleMachineX/comments/tgogha/why_martin_will_not_finish_the_marble_machine_x/

3 Likes

He spent a year or so on the project posting a video every week on the progress. It was a nice project to watch drung COVID isolation time. But kept re-designing and changing directions striving fo “perfection”. Right when it looked like it was almost ready to play songs he just dropped the whole thing.

4 Likes

The motion of the marbles sure isn’t.

1 Like

Yay GIF by YoungerTV

“You ever see a marble play music via bouncing through a xylophone-and-banana Rube Goldberg machine in the pale moonlight?”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.