Every book banned by an all-white Pennsylania school board is by a non-white author

Originally published at: Every book banned by an all-white Pennsylania school board is by a non-white author | Boing Boing

13 Likes

York parent Matt Weyant commended the school board for implementing the ban.
“I don’t want my daughter growing up feeling guilty because she’s White,” he said.

Freaks And Geeks Eye Roll GIF

53 Likes

Right? These are the same people that go on and on about snowflakes and participation trophies but heaven forbid anyone acknowledge that being white is a heck of a lot easier in our society than being any other color or ethnicity because we wouldn’t want these kids to feel bad about themselves.

41 Likes

Wait, what? Totally did not see that coming.

/s

21 Likes

“I don’t want my daughter growing up feeling guilty because she’s White,” he said.

Then stop being a racist? :thinking::man_shrugging:

46 Likes

mAybE tHis WasN’t rAcIsM… maYbE iT’s jUsT a CoiNciDenCe… I MeAn, wHy leT cRt inTo OuR scHoOls… iSn’T tHat tHe REAL rAciSm…/s

43 Likes
19 Likes

Here’s hoping all the members of the school board actually have to read these books, and they actually learn something by doing so.

19 Likes

Not Happening No Way GIF

19 Likes

Well, his daughter will instead grow up feeling guilty because his father is racist. Congrats! :clap:

21 Likes

I wonder how many of the parents railing against CRT, and what it might do to their kids, have clothing or other merch with “Fuck Your Feelings” printed on it? Is it all of them, or only most of them?

16 Likes

29 Likes

“I don’t want my daughter growing up proud to be an American. She didn’t even personally do any of the things that made America great!”

13 Likes

Adage: “You can’t judge a book by its cover.”

PA School Board:

lynch-mob-21

28 Likes

Is this not the very heart of the Cancel Culture that the thin skinned Republicans are so afraid of? I guess not, bc no ‘caring conservative’ would ever be a total raging hypocrite, right?

17 Likes

Don’t be silly. These books aren’t canceled, they’re… (checks notes) “frozen” until a review can be completed.

13 Likes

I forgot! The real issue is White people feeling guilty. Let’s make solving that a top priority. I see two options 1) Make things better for non-White people 2) Actively deny history.

10 Likes

Reminds me of Bradbury’s version of the house of Usher:
https://www.tvmaze.com/recaps/114/the-ray-bradbury-theater-usher-ii-recap

3 Likes

Ironically I think “Frozen” might actually be white enough to make the cut.

(To quote Olaf: “It really is beautiful, isn’t it? But it’s so white. Y’know, how about a little color?”)

18 Likes

“I don’t want my child to know her history, because I want her to repeat it.”

21 Likes