Every book banned by an all-white Pennsylania school board is by a non-white author

I’m not saying they’re assholes - but -.Nah - I’m saying they’re assholes.

21 Likes

One thing I see about many of these protests is how professional the signs look. Very few of them look homemade. I wonder where they’re getting them from; I doubt someone every place they are protesting has cheap access to a print shop.

13 Likes

Two words: Dark Money

14 Likes

So are they ok with LGBT+ books now? Or did those move off the frozen list to the “to be burnt” pill?

10 Likes

clearly that parent does not feel guilty for being white, but I wonder if they feel guilty for being an asshole.

5 Likes

6 Likes

I’m sick of this frozen culture.

3 Likes

I’m sure everyone has their take on the bullshit, so I’m leaving it alone. I will point out that you used a book by two white men (granted it’s about a black woman) to illustrate the article.

5 Likes

Dear Racists,

Let it go already!

10 Likes

Well, set in Norway right? Wasn’t that one of the Orange Shitgibbon’s preferred countries for immigration? (not that they’d want to come to this shitshow, but…)

1 Like

OK, that’s a good meme, we can use that, but for the Love of God, can someone quick post the :Banging-Head-on-Desk: meme?

(I personally cannot, as I am banging my head on desk.)

4 Likes

I hope some day his daughter is ashamed of him.

6 Likes

the books were merely “frozen,” until the books could be vetted by the board, which so far has taken the better part of a year.

Most of these are children’s books that are less than 20 pages and it’s taken them a year?! Something tells me they have no intention of actually reading them…

9 Likes

They must be too busy not reading the bible…

4 Likes

They don’t read the Bible, they quote mine it and use it as a bludgeoning implement.

13 Likes

Hah, you’re totally right, that’s hilarious.

It doesn’t somehow make it any better, of course.

3 Likes

As requested by deltaecho

High School Reaction GIF by Film Society of Lincoln Center

7 Likes

Can’t even with these people any more. Don’t know what they are afraid of. They need to build a bridge and get the fuck over it.

7 Likes

I’m coming up empty. How about “searching for the missing fucks” to express our lack of sympathy over their racist plight?

disney frozen GIF

11 Likes

I don’t think it’s all about not wanting their White child to feel guilty about their race… in fact, I think that’s a very small part and, at worst, a bogus excuse. By banning books by non-White authors, they are going as far as they can right now in their desire for Segregation: Being racists, they don’t care for what PoC have to say and want their children to be of the same mind, and literature that explains the history and condition of PoC would only increase the chances for a culture of equality and tolerance that would in turn increase the chances that their precious White children would partner with or marry PoC.

12 Likes