Every cop in small Minnesota town quits over pay

and even that doesn’t stop the mob ( yakuza sure, but it’s the same thing ) from visiting businesses and collecting protection money in broad daylight. so yeah, this:

2 Likes

This might be good data on the topic of police abolition.

1 Like

my thought was something like: if cops have so much power that any random stranger can’t be a cop, then the cops (still) have too much power. because yeah, the line between cop and criminal is a very blurry apple

really im in the camp that the best way to get around needing so many cops is to replace them. traffic collisions, mental health call, and welfare checks don’t need armed men. and crime investigation seems like it should be left to actual professionals - also gun free.

instead we’re apparently heading down this route ( thanks covid funds )

where we have to trust that cops are never stalkers, and that their systems are completely unhackable

3 Likes

When my mother retired from her civil service job, she asked me to review her pension documents. All of the restrictions that affected rank and file workers had a line stating those didn’t apply to the police pension. Even the firefighters got worse treatment - and their jobs involved a lot more risk than what the cops in my town were ever likely to face. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.