Police chief, stripped of duty, dramatically walks out of town meeting in his underwear

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/20/police-chief-relieved-of-duty.html

2 Likes

Oh man, the one criminal in town is going to have a field day now.

18 Likes

Beatles__Ringo__Neat!

7 Likes

Live Free In Your Skivvies, as they say in the Newer of Hampshires.

13 Likes

Ser Barristan Selmy did it better.

8 Likes

Excellent. Now do the Chicago PD.

4 Likes

That’s a baller move.

8 Likes

7 Likes

Issues with budgets and tickets? I wonder if he was just turning into a speed trap ticketing machine like several other small towns I’m aware of. If so, disbanding the force is the easiest way to fix the problem.

1 Like

Anarchy!!!

2 Likes

Problem like that - you gotta nip it in the bud.

8 Likes

I assume they’ll just rely on the county sheriff for all their crime fighting needs, which I think a lot of small sleepy towns do anyway.

3 Likes

The good news is there was no police around to arrest him for indecent exposure.

14 Likes

More likely he wasn’t issuing enough tickets to pay for himself so the town disbanded their police force and will instead rely on the state police.

8 Likes

I’d think that if he was actually a “speed trap ticketing machine”, the revenue from the fines would work in his favor, budget-wise.

1 Like

The Town council, “We could save money firing the Police Chief before he is elegible to retire.” with the motion carried.

Crime, we don’t have any crime hence no need for our Police force. A kin to mangers at a tech company firing the IT department cause nothing ever goes wrong with the OS.

Reckon Sullivan County PD will take over w

4 Likes

Wait, if he didn’t know this was coming then why were the seams in his pants secured with velcro?

8 Likes

No police? Let’s go get sushi and not pay!

9 Likes

Were I him I’d go straight to robbing the liquor store.

1 Like

So he stripped down to his underwear and walked out.

That guy, yeah he’s my hero today, but tomorrow likely someone else.

8 Likes