Every country in the United Nations agreed to a global ceasefire during the pandemic — except the United States

No, “We” are not. I had absolutely nothing to do with this brainless cluster fuck of pettiness and lying and childish denial. TRUMP is the bad guy. If there is any way for the UN to create sanctions against one man, this is the time to do it.

5 Likes

Honestly, I’m amazed the angry cheeto hasn’t fulfilled a long-standing right-wing wet dream and pulled the US out of the UN and kicked the organization out of the country. He seems so intent on breaking anything even marginally good in the world.

3 Likes

“Which still, to me, sounds like the Trump administration would rather millions of people die to stroke Trump’s ego and his petty need for revenge.” Yeah, well, that goes without saying. Maybe if the rest of the world claimed a global case of bone spurs instead of calling it a ceasefire Trump might buy in on it?

4 Likes

As if we ever needed a poster child issue to illustrate American exceptionalism, this would be it.

2 Likes

c.f. - The Watch-Tower by Lord Dunsany

“The Saracens don’t come nowadays,” I said.

But he was gazing past me watching, and did not seem to heed me.

“They will run down those hills,” he said, pointing away to the South, “out of the woods about nightfall, and I shall blow my horn. The people will all come up from the town to the tower again; but the loopholes are in very ill repair.”

“We never hear of the Saracens now,” I said.

“Hear of the Saracens!” the old spirit said. “Hear of the Saracens! They slip one evening out of that forest, in the long white robes that they wear, and I blow my horn. That is the first that anyone ever hears of the Saracens.”

“I mean,” I said, “that they never come at all. They cannot come and men fear other things.” For I thought the old spirit might rest if he knew that the Saracens can never come again. But he said, “There is nothing in the world to fear but the Saracens. Nothing else matters. How can men fear other things?”

2 Likes

My point exactly

purity

2 Likes

Well obviously. Peace is bad for business.

1 Like

Don’t get disillusioned by denial of personal responsibility for this mess. The only reason these jerkwads rule the country is because we let them. This is a country of pushovers, you included. Sure, I could say, oh it’s not my fault, my state is blue, but never forget the fucking blues got you and everyone else into this mess by denying the candidate who could win access to the polls, instead voting for a war monger (2016) and a sex offender (every other election).

The boingboing commenters?? It was just a missing /s tag! I swear! /s

Its not hard - China bad, so anything China wants to do is bad.

Just like Obama is bad, so every he did is bad and must be undone.

It doesn’t require a puppet master. A puppet master would probably have more rational, calculated actions.

He is a simpleton with a simplified understanding of the world and acts thusly.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.