If coronavirus restrictions end prematurely, 'President Trump will have blood on his hands,' public health expert says

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/25/if-coronavirus-restrictions-en.html

“You can’t just come in and say let’s close up the USA,” Trump said, again falsely stating coronavirus is no worse than flu.

7 Likes

Well, more than he already has on his hands.

47 Likes

“President Trump will have more blood on his hands.” FTFY.

30 Likes

Ha! A bunch of globalists!

10 Likes

Given his reluctance to heed even the most basic medical advice I’m not even convinced he would try to wash it off afterwards.

20 Likes

Well he doesn’t mind the blood on his hands from perpetuating foreign wars, from rolling back pollution limits, from detaining children in cages, from taking healthcare away from tens of millions of Americans.
What’s a few thousand (or million) more dead on his watch?
Why do we keep expecting him to grow a conscience?

27 Likes

From @mr_raccoon

17 Likes

I guess this is what he meant about killing somebody on 5th Avenue.

Who knew that it would be in the tens of thousands?

26 Likes

This! So much this. I get so angry at this mealy-mouthed crap. Where are all the think pieces suggesting that maybe the Coronavirus could chill out try to be less lethal? (Paging Thomas Friedman)

13 Likes

This is setting us up for a worst case scenario for the economy. We will end up with a mix of good practices from the remaining somewhat reasonable governors and the rapid collapse we’ll see in other places. That will make it harder to actually control even in the places that are following proper guidance and we’ll be stuck with both the massive death toll and a long term parade of death that will last longer than a lockdown would have required without creating a huge disease reservoir for the rest of the country. We’ll be lucky to only see a 9/11 worth of deaths a day for a prolonged period.

6 Likes

When I really think about it, “blood on his hands” is pretty much etched into the job description of all American presidents. It’s when American blood is involved that historians take notice…

17 Likes

As if narcissists and sociopaths have ever cared about the destruction they cause around them.

26 Likes

Now Trumpie is explicitly saying that states “have to treat us well” if they want federal aid. By which he means, of course, treat him well. No more of those nasty lawsuits if you want your citizens to live, New York!

22 Likes

The guy is just the worst. He can say this shit knowing it wont hurt him in the slightest. We’ll continue on “lock down” mode likely preventing the most dire of predictions, and then he’ll just say, “see? I was right.” If things go south, he’ll just change his tune and claim he warned everybody from the start, that it was all Obama’s fault, etc.

14 Likes

Has this guy met Trump? Nothing is political suicide for him. Even failing to make everyone go back to work by Easter won’t be political suicide; he will just blame those filthy overreacting Dems and his base will lap it up. He’s a spinning angry old fat man in a teflon suit. Nothing is sticking to him. I’m putting all my faith into the virus finally stopping him.

19 Likes

Not if he uses a handkerchief.

6 Likes

Can we become Southern Canada?

33 Likes

And our Lindsey Graham is bitching about the lack of unemployment caps in the corporate bail out.

Canada I love you!

13 Likes

27 Likes

there is a decent chance he will catch it by easter himself

given he is old, literally obese and some of those around him are showing subtle symptoms, I’d say odds are high

hopefully they will try and screw up an experimental treatment on him

then pence

hoping for acting President Nancy Pelosi by May

13 Likes