Trump is asked, if he loses more Americans in 6 weeks than died in Vietnam War, does he deserve to be re-elected?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/27/coronavirus-deathlord.html

16 Likes

More journalists that pose serious questions like this PLEASE. The fool can’t deal with direct questions he falls apart like vain, wet cardboard.

Trump-

You will never be anything but inhuman garbage.

Someone find a trash collector, someone left this sack of orange shit on the curb at my Whitehouse

48 Likes

The poor man is obviously working too hard and not eating lunch often enough.

19 Likes

105 Likes

Unsure how Vietnam is relevant? He has killed less than WWII did, so maybe he saved lives?
If there was ever a time I thought he would attack a reporter’s intelligence that would have been it. Looks like he is second guessing his nature.

7 Likes

Adderall is a hell of a drug.

8 Likes

Do I have to? I’m going to look up a transcript because his voice and speech patterns drive me up the fucking wall.

a few minutes later

Scumbag hu…scumbag.

25 Likes

Maybe rephrase it as “If you kill more Americans than fifteen 9/11s…”

14 Likes

I agree with you. Zingers like this are not that impressive. Why not grill him over his incoherent tweets? Why not play back audio of his own words to him? He probably doesn’t even know how many Americans died in the Vietnam War, nor how many Vietnamese.

6 Likes

Nor what the “Vietnam War” was . . .

4 Likes

Well - he didn’t say that he deserved to be re-elected.

19 Likes

Nothing directly, it is just a point of reference to give a sense of scale to the continuing catastrofuck we presenly find ourselves in.

32 Likes

Actually surprised he didn’t just respond by screaming a racist epithet and kicking over the podium.

31 Likes

Me too. So inconsistent.

6 Likes

It’s as relevant as the fact that his own incompetence and vanity has led to 16+ 9/11s worth of Americans dying. It’s not even a war. They died for literally nothing. Not even the ideology of capitalism. Just for trump’s pleasure at trying to be re-elected.

18 Likes

A better question might be how many Americans would have died under different leadership? Although we account for a quarter of the world’s deaths, I was surprised to learn our death rate is lower than a number of other developed countries.

I’m not here suggesting Trump has managed this well. He’s obviously a bad human being and an incompetent, corrupt leader. But I’m just not sure how much better this could have gone for us.

4 Likes

You don’t think we’d be A LOT better off with some kind of coordinated federal effort starting in, say, February, that isn’t 110% focused on the president’s re-election campaign to the point of punishing states like California for not voting for the president?

Remember, trump’s first response for WEEKS was to initially ignore the pandemic, then to make things specifically worse by forcing states to fight over PPE and ventilators.

44 Likes

Now there is a great question to ask the orange fellow!

2 Likes

Maybe if the response headed by a pandemic response team that was made specifically for this sort of thing?

Oh yeah, he disbanded that.

26 Likes

it’s also possible our death numbers are terribly under reported because of a severe lack of testing

25 Likes