Every country in the United Nations agreed to a global ceasefire during the pandemic — except the United States

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/09/every-country-in-the-united-na.html

7 Likes

The UN should sanction the US. Fucking banana republic.

46 Likes

…just look at it.

35 Likes

Not a pretty sight right now.

20 Likes

No doubt about it, we’re the fuckin’ bad guys.

36 Likes

It occurs to me that “whited sepulcher” is such an apt description of the US right now, and I delight in the polysemy whilst ruing its truth.

RIP “The American Century” 1917-2017

15 Likes

so the past few years, there’s no way trump is coming up with this stuff on his own, he can barely read from a piece of paper at a 5th grade level, he’s just a used car salesman who is really good at lying and saying anything to get the sale done, forget the problems it may bring

so who the hell is whispering this stuff into his ear, who is actually running the country?

with Bush it was Cheney, but with trump it’s a roundtable of morons

this can’t all be Steve Miller silently running the country and making policy is it?

17 Likes

20 Likes

20 Likes

There’s also Fox News. I wish I was kidding.

19 Likes

…if you can’t tell who is the asshole…

5 Likes

giphy

29 Likes

We’re Waiting for the Barbarians.

3 Likes

Except, in this case, we are the barbarians.

2 Likes

…and we’re all doin’ a Buster Keaton slipping on the peels.

23 Likes

rootin’ tootin’ vladimir putin.

2 Likes

From reddit-

22 Likes

If the administration wanted to address China, why the FRACK didn’t we go forward with the TPP then? As much as I loathed the copyright portions that were rammed through, having a Pacific response to China was critical in the decades to come.

4 Likes

You know, agreeing not to kill people we disagree with would just set a terrible precedent. ( or should that be terrible President? )

8 Likes

I think it’s the same guy that knee-capped the previous administration and to whom the current administration is beholden: Mitch McConnel.

3 Likes