Evidence for a lapsarian decline: Master of the Universe Christmas wrapping paper

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/06/skeletors-sled.html

6 Likes

rabbit%20do%20want

13 Likes

File this under I am not gay but I make no case for it. This is awesome.

9 Likes

I saw the headline and immediately started looking for the “buy it” link.

Perhaps the only thing that would be a bigger hit at my family’s pagan tree worship session. Would be Congo wrapping paper.

6 Likes

Crap. There’s some rolls on ebay. But for around $100 dollars. That’s more than the gifts it will wrap will cost.

Guess I’m sticking with Blood Sacrifice.

4 Likes

O M GOODNES!

com-gif-toeeee-mddddp4

8 Likes

I was all set to be ‘meh’ on this… and then I realized it was the original 80’s He-Man artwork, and now I’m all like:

11 Likes

MyfacewhenIseeadeadpixel-72894

8 Likes

So, do they actually have Christmas on Eternia? Or is it a native holiday that that just by an amazing case of parallel cultural evolution involves decorated trees, caroling, sleighs, and gift giving? That being said, I love how Skeletor is being a good sport and joining in on the caroling.

9 Likes

I believe Earth children brought the holiday to them.

Something similar happened earlier on Mars, so I’ve been told.

7 Likes

Heck, I have a box of these in my medicine cabinet.

4 Likes

Is that artwork by Don Lawrence? It is very nicely executed.

1 Like

Skeletor’s mouth opened wide as he joins in the caroling is what makes it for me. I can just imagine his raspy voice singing “Oh Holy Night.”

4 Likes

The Queen / He-Man’s mom is an astronaut from Earth so yes I imagine they have a Christmas enough like holiday through her.

7 Likes

Happy Life Day, everyone!

8 Likes

The image search results for “Earl Norem” were (was?) EVERYTHING I needed today.

3 Likes

It’s strange, how frequently I am seeing DVDs of that special in bargain bins lately – far more so than any other He-Man merchandise.

2 Likes

Does this mean that Chew was actually naked all the time?!

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be a bit too cold to be making snowmen dressed like that?

3 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes