Ewan McGregor uses his Star Wars fame to reprimand reckless drivers

Originally published at: Ewan McGregor uses his Star Wars fame to reprimand reckless drivers | Boing Boing

6 Likes

This reminds me of a (possibly apocryphal) story I’ve heard about Nancy Cartwright in the heyday of the Simpsons being mocked by some teenagers for being an “uncool” middle aged woman wearing a Simpsons shirt. After trying to ignore them for a while, she finally turned on them and berated them for their behavior in Bart’s voice.

14 Likes

Obi-wan has been my favorite character since i was 10 and the first movie came out, and i have always defended the prequels solely because Ewan’s performance was so nuanced and fantastic, only getting better with each movie. i’m beyond excited to see him return to the character now after all this time, when he’s (i think?) quite close to the age Alec was when he first embodied it. it should be incredible. May 25th can’t come quickly enough.

8 Likes

Not to mention the rich vein of jokes his appearance as Obi Wan has given us, because he looked a bit like someone else…

25 Likes

This is why I love reading Boing Boing comments, thanks for making my day!

7 Likes

I feel the camera always loved Ewan, he’s always had charisma and he’s definitely developed more gravitas. I think I’d watch it.

4 Likes

He rides motorcycle so really no surprise. Yield to the two wheels folks.

7 Likes

I had to look it up.
Alec was born in 1914, so was about 63 when Star Wars was released in 1977.
Ewan was born in 1971, so is about 51 now.

3 Likes

I’m pretty confident he looks nothing like him, but he does look nothing like him in much the same way as most other pictures also look nothing like him.

1 Like

ahhh. yeah that makes sense. close, but not that close.

4 Likes

And still, Charlie Boorman doesn’t have much public recognition at all. :man_shrugging:

Apparently, Nancy does that all the time.

5 Likes

Huh, he’s usually so chill and even-tempered behind the wheel.

obi-wan-driving

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.