Exclusive: "More Data": Negativland's video short about data privacy and surveillance

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/22/more-data.html

6 Likes

Data trolls are real, they really exist.

2 Likes

seat bee sate

2 Likes

RIP Don Joyce.
I never said hello

3 Likes

Two grams of Don Joyce are resting on my shelf.

5 Likes

That’s awesome. That’s about the same amount of space he has permanently reserved in my brain from listening to O.T.E. for all those years.
To create is divine, to reproduce is human.
-Man Ray”

Musically it feels anachronistic - as though they still have an old sampler.

1 Like

Negativland is a bizarre amalgamation of the anachronistic and modern.

3 Likes

I like it. It’s a pretty little montage of “forward thinking” “technologists” “positively spinning” their “monetization” of some “trivial” yet highly, deeply intrusive human data-mining on the Ted Talk Stage Built of their own Hubris™.

2 Likes

A theme song for today.

2 Likes

I’ve got four grams. If you’d like two of them, send me your address and I’ll put them in the mail.

I dunno, early Negativland inverted reality and made me question my own existence, let lone the existence of everything else–as if I had blacked out for my entire life and just woke up. But this one just seems so accessible that I might even show it to my kid.

2 Likes

But do you know how many time zones there are in the Soviet Union?

4 Likes

I kinda feel like this is the “Guns” of information technology - they don’t do much to the samples, but instead just let the samples speak for themselves.

1 Like

Delicious, nutritious breakfast cereals. Shot from BIG DATA!

We need more Negativland in theses data-rich times…take my data, take it now!..right there…!!! that’s it…take it you bitch…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.