Exclusive: Preview of Eric Powell's forthcoming Ed Gein graphic novel

Originally published at: Exclusive: Preview of Eric Powell's forthcoming Ed Gein graphic novel | Boing Boing

1 Like

Must’ve been a really weird time for my grandparents, trying to keep all their kids safe from a real-life boogieman who lived just over the county line. Who says nothing interesting ever happens in central Wisconsin?

2 Likes

Ed Gein was still alive when I was a grad student in Wisconsin; he was bicycling distance from where I lived. ‘Geiners’ (jokes involving his, um, hobby) were also still pretty common. I’m curious if they still are.

1 Like

Nobody knew there was a boogeyman until he was caught … and he wasn’t much of a boogeyman.

He “only” murdered 2 women, he mostly dug up dead bodies which, while problematic, wasn’t much of a threat to others.

Plenty of serial killers out there you’ve never heard enough because they weren’t caught - those are the ones that should keep you up at night …

All the more reason for testing the full backlog of rape test kits. The profiles of a lot of serial killers includes sexual violence as they escalate toward homicide.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.