Explaining marine invertebrate reproductive strategies to the lobster-obsessed Jordan Peterson

That conservative peons (as opposed to cynical politicians and greedheads) take one for granted and the other as a nasty, government-imposed limitation on freedom illustrates a lot about their blinkered idiocy.

3 Likes

Ahh, you are correct, Ted did not get to the playoffs that first year. But he did get a respectable showing out of a bad club

We’re gonna have to disagree on that. He was one of the best catchers of his era, particularly one of the best framers. Top 50 catcher all time, and almost everyone ahead of him is either in or will be in the HoF (he’s basically the cut-off line.)

Ok, maybe Jackson and Riley weren’t superstars, but they were well known, both had elite college careers, and Riley was a 6th man-type before it existed- played hard-nosed physical defense in a go-go era of basketball where practically no one else bothered.

I didn’t say Doc or Kerr were great, but both were very good, had long careers. Kerr particularly was an integral part of the Jordan Bulls, and is an early archetype for the modern game’s three ball bonanza- an archetype he shares in part with Danny Ainge, who, while never a HC, is definitely a top executive, in sportsball, period.

Seriously tho, I do agree with you, generally the best coaches and executives weren’t superstars. I was absolutely stoked when the Red Sox hired Alex Cora- who’s been a blast out the gate, and he fits this mold almost to a tee-- middling career as a journeyman defensive stalwart. I just like to think about the outliers, and your OP triggered that.

2 Likes

Or to say his name three times.

6 Likes

run-the-jewels-um-okay-man

10 Likes

That is a depressing statement, as well as a sad sign of the times.

10 Likes

OMG, I had forgotten about Lobster Diner! I think that was the most perfect sketch this whole SNL season (or maybe the T’Challa Black Jeopardy sketch).

6 Likes

It gave Killer Mike a sad, I think!

6 Likes

Him, and me both.

If this foolishness is what passes for ‘intellectualism’ these days, then James Baldwin must be turning over in in his grave. (Hell, Buckley too, for that matter; even he was better than this crap.)

7 Likes

I appreciate the discourse, and I learned some things from my research. I would submit that Scioscia was a good/great defensive catcher, and from that, learned things about managing. But over half the game is hitting, and he was average at best. I believe there are many good defensive players that could never be called great players. Conversely, Kerr wasn’t known as a good defensive player, so can’t be called a great player. Ironically, he’s now known for his defensive teams.

I remember reading an article about Ted Williams as manager, in 1970, praising him for what he’d accomplished in 1969. But then, as I said, it went downhill. I appreciate your viewpoint on the matter.

2 Likes

Michael Eric Dyson characterizes Jordaddy as a “mean white man.” Jordaddy pouts in response, donning the mantle of victimhood yet again, and whining that it’s “a helluva thing to say in a debate.”

“Why the rage, bruh?”

(cued)

10 Likes

When will black America stop oppressing whites!?! MEAN!?! Doesn’t Dyson understand the history of that word and how hurtful it is to entitled, straight white dudes with well paying jobs on the top of the North American social hierarchy? /s

14 Likes

After thinking about it (while trying not to think about it), i realize that he and his Jordie Bros are also pretty damn self-involved.

8 Likes

7 Likes

part of the issue was that people used to kill the lobsters, then eat them a while later.

as soon as they’re dead they start making enzymes that break things down and create off flavors.

2 Likes

Let’s have some art:

9 Likes

For sevvies it’s way more than not eating lobster. Whether you go full on what the prophetess said or just avoid the unclean meats.

4 Likes

This fellow asks a good question. One thing I’m taking away from this Peterson fad is that there are a lot of losers out there who blame their own fathers for their failure to operate in society. Since many members of the alt-right are also willing to blame women, minorities, Jews, LGTBQ folks, liberals, etc., etc. (really anyone but themselves) for their sorry lot in life I can see why Peterson panders to them as an affinity group.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.