"Explaining the Pandemic to my Past Self," Part 2

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/04/explaining-the-pandemic-to-m.html

12 Likes

Marked for later, once my meetings end. She’s awesome.

4 Likes

Part 3 coming sometime in November.

3 Likes

While watching this, near the end I was feeling incredible sadness but also laughing. It was weird.

14 Likes

She’s gonna have to keep on doing this, isn’t she.

Sigh.

18 Likes

That’ll be part 4 or 5, I fear. Assuming she isn’t so horrified by events that she stops making them altogether, which seems quite possible…

4 Likes

The good news? People are much more aware of issues of race and privilege.

Huh.

4 Likes

I hope there are no more parts.

3 Likes

Very Bad Shit is most definitely going to be continuing to happen this year (and as long as Trump is in office). I think that’s unavoidably obvious at this point. The only question is whether we’ll be able to laugh about them, even if it’s dark, gallows humor. “No more parts” would indicate to me events of such horror that it would be impossible to make any more “funny” videos in this sequence (or even a video of her staring at herself in mute horror), because that would be inappropriate.
So I’m hoping for further videos… that’s the best-case scenario as far as I’m concerned.

4 Likes

Maybe i’m overly emotional right now “what with one thing and another” but the first video upset me when i saw it back then and now this one does. So i don’t necessarily find them funny “what with one thing and another” but i hope she keeps making them and i look forward to the day her present self is in a better place than her past self, which goes for all of us i suppose.

3 Likes

Julie’s format works so well to provide perspective on how much has happened in such a short period of time - and how profoundly impactful those events are. We’re living through decades of social chance week-to-week. Who would have thought the pandemic would be page 2 news - but here we are.

1 Like

She’s great! I hope there is an end to the pandemic soon. Throwing in the monkey COVID-19 heist was glorious.

Oops! how do I blur a spoiler?

[spoiler] spoiler goes here [/spoiler]

Looks like:

spoiler goes here

1 Like

The parts may stop coming if Youtube or the internet doesn’t exist anymore…

Here’s to a happier tomorrow!! :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.