Humorous video: Now-self explains the pandemic to past-self

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/14/humorous-video-now-self-expla.html

9 Likes

ohhh yeahhh… there were those fires in Australia… man, that seems so long ago.

9 Likes

Well done.

6 Likes

At least the Great Barrier Reef is doing better now, right?

2 Likes

Pollution down in all the major cities, people are driving less. All it took was a major pandemic and tens of thousands (so far) of deaths.

1 Like

Very cute. Excellent writing and acting.

Big plot hole where future girl keeps asking past girl basic questions about her own life as if she’s a different person…

1 Like

Even the impeachment feels so long ago. I keep thinking it was over and done with last year. (Granted, part of that was because it was clear to me how it was going to go shortly after it was initiated, but it still feels like it happened ages ago.) I actually got confused when the Republicans brought up impeachment as the reason for federal inaction, as the timelines didn’t make sense in my head, even though I was getting in coronavirus lockdown mode back in February.

We’re all different people, now.

4 Likes

There was the whole whacking Suleimani on a whim, almost starting a Third World War and then lying his ass off to get out of it.

That feels like it happened in the '80s but it was in 2020…

4 Likes

Christ, I forgot all about that… my brain is only capable of holding so many Trump-related disasters, apparently.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s been a long year…

4 Likes

The scary thing is, I’m quite sure the rest of the year (at least) will be even worse.

3 Likes

I think the Jonbar Point for this particular timeline was in 2014 when ISIS appeared fully formed out of nowhere like a bad Terminator reboot.

It’s been a non-stop avalanche of shit since then.

1 Like

I saw this this morning and laughed. I’m surprised I didn’t cry. I live in Australia, multiple fires came within 10km of my place. Some came within 1km. I forgot about the fires too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.