Julie Nolke "Explaining the Pandemic to My Past Self" exactly one year later

Originally published at: Julie Nolke "Explaining the Pandemic to My Past Self" exactly one year later | Boing Boing

4 Likes

There was a fourth one around New Years, too, which was good. I would have liked for April 2021 Julie to go back to drunken holiday party Julie, though. Drunk Julie really was upset she wouldn’t get her turn because things were getting better, and she would have appreciated it.

1 Like

I never get tired of this shtick … well, not yet.

5 Likes

Yeah this just makes me cry. Literal tears. I stopped about halfway in. Too much.

3 Likes

Hah! She’s gotta be Canadian, eh…

Oh yeah, she’s a Calgarian. Nice city that.

Also, Boing Boing, you like to post videos from Canadians, maybe ensure ALL the videos play in The Great White North? Because you keep posting Daily Show videos, and while we can watch the show here, the youtubes are geofenced. I thought you just hated Canadians, but here we are.

5 Likes

This is going to end up like 12 Monkeys, isn’t it?

11 Likes

Nice to see that we’ve already gone through the home hair dye stage of the pandemic, the sweat pants-on-the-bottom-blouse-on-top phase, and moved on to the pony tail and overalls chapter.

4 Likes

I was wondering if she would do a one-year anniversary. She’s been a bright spot.

6 Likes

She should see if she can work out how to accidentally have one future self run into another future self for a 3 way conversation where the most recent future self horrifies both past selves.

3 Likes

she should’ve told her past self that it was the plot of a new Netflix series, to make it more believable, lol

3 Likes

Like a scene from the Time Traveller’s Wife. (The book, not necessarily the movie.) And again, like the TTW with lotto tickets, she talks about future stock picks. And the touching the face scene, although in the TTW book it was a little, ahem, weirder.

2 Likes

Amen! Please for the love of all that is holy check if your videos are geofences.

1 Like

Waiting for “Explaining ‘Explaining the Pandemic to My Past Self’ to My Past Self” when this is all over.

1 Like

Future Julie touched Past Julie’s face.

What if that’s how this all started?

5 Likes

The moment where she glances at the camera and tells everyone to calm down about analyzing the time travel paradoxes in her sketches is priceless.

She is a national goddam treasure.

5 Likes

yeah, that fourth wall “knowing wink” was perfectly done.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.