'Extreme Vetting' is Trump's latest crazypants racist campaign thing

“Those who do not believe in our Constitution, or who support bigotry and hatred, will not be admitted for immigration into the country.”

Damn straight! Instead, we’ll nominate them for POTUS.

Labor Day, which falls on Sept. 5 this year, marks the end of U.S. summer vacations and traditionally launches the final phase of the long U.S. election season.

I’m guessing they mean the 2020 election season, seeing how the current one was pretty well underway before last Labor Day.

5 Likes

The existing entry form to the US is already hilarious, true. Even post-cold war, it was asking (I don’t know if they’ve changed it by now) if people had ever been members of the Communist Party. Visiting Swedish friends said, “We were young and Scandinavian - of course we were members of the Communist Party!” They still answered “no” of course…

7 Likes

Delicious irony. It’s a little strange that he would invoke the cold war for that reason, and because he is suggesting ramping up the ideological micromanaging that he inadvertently refers to with the ‘evils of communism’.

4 Likes

We’re still trying to recover from that RR guy. How come the other guys got a good president out of the deal and we got a lousy one?

1 Like

Have you ever seen him answer a question, any question?
He is one of the smartest guys, so questions must be HARD.

3 Likes

Guard 1:“Friend or foe?”

Crosser: “Friend?”

Guard 2: “Who’s the NY Yankees lead pitcher?”

Crosser: “I don’t…”

Guard 2: “Commie!”
(BUDDA-BUDDA-BUDDA!)

Guard 1: “You don’t know who the lead pitcher is.”

Guard 2: “Yes, but I was born here.”

7 Likes

On Sunday…Sunday…Sunday… At the Coliseum…Coliseum!!!

6 Likes

Reading his lips without sound, it appears to me he is actually saying “shove it!”

1 Like

Interesting news.
Not totally unexpected.

6 Likes

I’m just picturing a training montage set to the Imperial March or something…

6 Likes

T: You’re a stupid loser!

A: Louder!

T: YOU’RE A STUPID LOSER!!

A: Throw some sexism into it!

17 Likes

They did a few favours.
Apparently the Mujaheddin told the US that Russian helicopters were very hard to shoot down, and were offered a quarter of a million dollars for a sample of the undershield armour. They acquired a helicopter that failed with mechanical trouble and tried to cut off part of the underplate. After trying various explosive methods, they lugged the entire thing over a mountain to give to the CIA. The Russians turned out to be very good at metallurgy.

Perhaps if Trump asks Putin nicely, he’ll be supplied with a made to measure titanium alloy ass-cover, because the way he’s going he’ll need it.

3 Likes

The Dutch have an international reputation for doing exactly this kind of crazypants thing. Oh wait, I mean, tolerance.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/16/world/europe/16iht-dutch-5852942.html?_r=0

1 Like

Tests, ha.

Even If I reduced my current stock of brains cells by half, to two, I will pass your tests. Add 15 minutes of study for every decade I have not lived within your culture.

A test that anyone can take can be passed by anyone wih any intention.

4 Likes

I find it fascinatingly and frighteningly interesting how similar to French far-right leader Jean-Marie Le Pen the Donald looks on the picture illustrating this article.

ETA: and actually, when I showed the GIF @michaeljtobias posted to my girlfriend, she first thought it was Le Pen on the TV.

1 Like

At one time, I might have expected that headline on the cover of Weekly World News.

Actually I just left them a suggestion via their website: develop a cover generator, sort of like a meme generator. You put in a text phrase and it generates a tabloid cover (with Bat Boy, or Elvis etc.) I used your headline as an example.

3 Likes

“So it’s a test you’re looking for! We don’t do tests.”

4 Likes

I’ve got a solution. Will the real terrorist please stand up?

5 Likes

Roger Ailes will help anybody’s career, if you sleep with him.

7 Likes

Not a reality show. Just reality 2016.

4 Likes